A Blast from the Past

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

A Blast from the Past

Post by theToyFederation » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Well... well...well... look what Dragon finally decided to release for Xmas this year

DRR60038

1/72 Jagdpanther Early Production 3/s.Pz.Jg.Abt.654 France 1944 W/Zimmerit

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/p ... d=DRR60038
www.thetoyfederation.com
"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:25 pm

:shock: Lovely! :D

Here his a pic of MRC Easy Model Jagdpanther I picked up a month ago. I no your talking about Dragons but just wanted show you guys MRC.
Last edited by Jagdpanther on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Blast From the Past

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Yeah, and lucky us, more Sturmtigers and Ferdinands. Gee, how many ways can they come up with to get rid of excess inventory? I think they'll be attaching wings and stabilizers to them next then add them to their Dragon Warbirds line... :roll:

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Here his a pic of MRC Jagdpanther I picked up a month ago.
Just curious, where did you pick that up?? I think the MRC stuff is quite nice for the money, like you said...it aint' Dragon, but all things considered I think they represent a pretty good Value.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Jagdpanther

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:32 pm

PMFJI, but we stock the line. They're actually excellent detail and value that stack up well against the competition. Light in weight, you can slug them like some other manufacturers are no doing to give them heft...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 pm

ostketten wrote:
Here his a pic of MRC Jagdpanther I picked up a month ago.
Just curious, where did you pick that up?? I think the MRC stuff is quite nice for the money, like you said...it aint' Dragon, but all things considered I think they represent a pretty good Value.
Got it at Hobby Town.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:42 am

Got it at hobby town
Thanks.
PMFJI...
That's a new one to me... :?: :?: As for the Easy Model MRC line, one thing that got me interested in it, aside from the low prices, was the fact that they had a Pershing available, nobody else (that I'm aware of) makes one in this scale, it could stand some weathering, but the detail is quite good IMO, and the lack of "heft" doesn't bother me at all. From the looks of your site MRC /Easy Model is expanding the WWII line considerably, I know I will be getting some for sure, namely the FAMO, and Pz. III and IV series, any idea when these will be in stock??
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:52 am

ostketten,

Hobby Master should have their first Pershing out in the next several weeks. It has a diecast turret and barrel with a plastic chassis. Looks very nice from the pre-production pictures.

Easy Models seems to be hit and miss. Some of their releases aren't that great while others are pretty good. The Easy Models KV-1 and KV-2 are both some of their best releases and as good as the Hobby Master equivalents.

Some comparison pictures between the two below...

http://www.diecast72.com/compare.asp#HM

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:40 am

I will say this Easy's 1/35 figure SUCK. Their Armour and Aircraft may be better.

but for the figures they are Goofy looking and not realistic.

FOV figures are crap IMO(Same with 21st's figures in some cases) cause they do not look alive, but Easy's sets like Belgrade 1941 look dumb cause they are just poorly painted.

Still IMO best 1/35 is Can.do Combat Figures(Best Camo and Faces), or King and Country for the 1/3X but the K&C can not scale Hand held weapons correctly.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:55 am

Some comparison pictures between the two below...
Thanks for the info and pics. I really have no idea about MRC/EM's 1/35 line, to be honest I wasn't even aware it existed, the vast majority of stuff in this scale is in kit form, the only pre-assembled/painted line I knew anything at all about was Dragon's armor, it looks ok, but is very pricey. :shock:

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Shermans

Post by EnemyAce » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:26 am

Easy model also makes a LOAD of different 75 & 76mm shermans. The standard M4 model has the front hull plate at too sharp of an angle, but it isn't really noticable unless you're looking carefully. A great way to fill the ranks with tanks to face off against all those Dragon Tigers!

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:15 am

The biggest thing I dislike about the Easy Models Shermans is that they couldn't get the tracks on correctly, it's so noticeable and ruins the whole thing for me.