Beginnings of my 1:144 aircraft fleet

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: Beginnings of my 1:144 aircraft fleet

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 am

i have the BV 222, it's quite nice and quite big but needs a bit of touch up painting.

i got the F toys early war Catalina instead
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 am

Haven't checked that one out, but the IXO Catalina was cheap enough at $17 plus shipping. Do favor the early war schemes.
Those BV-222's don't last too long when they come up so I jumped on a buy it now for $34 plus ship. The last few have been listed quite a bit high or go even higher when there's bids.

Read some other reviews on the Kawanishi Emily mentioned earlier and the IXO / Altaya version has more flaws than most, so I will try and get the F- Toys one as suggested thanks.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 am

actually both the Emily and Catalina are Cafereo Big Bird, not F toys. I keep saying F toys for everything.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am

Look up storekeeper-paradise on eBay to get cheap altaya/IXO 1:144 models such as the one on page two, bid on it or buy it now for around $12.49 plus shipping, I collect the 1:200 models from this selled though I just got a 1:72 swordfish "sink the Bismarck" from this seller, my second free model from this seller, also a little note about this seller, he adds a (FREE) del Prado figure to your order if you buy from him on eBay!
The figures are hand painted diecast metal, in 1/32 scale from the WWI era.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 am

The_Helicopter_Pilot wrote:Look up storekeeper-paradise on eBay to get cheap altaya/IXO 1:144 models such as the one on page two, bid on it or buy it now for around $12.49 plus shipping, I collect the 1:200 models from this selled though I just got a 1:72 swordfish "sink the Bismarck" from this seller, my second free model from this seller, also a little note about this seller, he adds a (FREE) del Prado figure to your order if you buy from him on eBay!
Yeah he's got a lot of good stuff. I just committed to buy (waiting for combined total with shipping cost) the following 1:144:

FW-200
JU-290
PB2Y Coronado
Handley Page Halifax

If all goes well, I'll get some more.

Lots of 1:72 stuff also. Particularly interested in the Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight Marine and Navy helicopters that are similar and go with my 1:72 Corgi CH-47 Chinook US Army I just bought. Some unusual helicopters out there too in diecast. I'm already hooked on them now.
We almost need a separate helicopter thread just to cover all the ones available huh?

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Dauntless wrote:
The_Helicopter_Pilot wrote:Look up storekeeper-paradise on eBay to get cheap altaya/IXO 1:144 models such as the one on page two, bid on it or buy it now for around $12.49 plus shipping, I collect the 1:200 models from this selled though I just got a 1:72 swordfish "sink the Bismarck" from this seller, my second free model from this seller, also a little note about this seller, he adds a (FREE) del Prado figure to your order if you buy from him on eBay!
Yeah he's got a lot of good stuff. I just committed to buy (waiting for combined total with shipping cost) the following 1:144:

FW-200
JU-290
PB2Y Coronado
Handley Page Halifax

If all goes well, I'll get some more.

Lots of 1:72 stuff also. Particularly interested in the Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight Marine and Navy helicopters that are similar and go with my 1:72 Corgi CH-47 Chinook US Army I just bought. Some unusual helicopters out there too in diecast. I'm already hooked on them now.
We almost need a separate helicopter thread just to cover all the ones available huh?
Right!? But not sure there's really that many smaller scale helicopter collectors on our forum here it seems...
I've been collecting helis for some time now in 1/32 an 48 scale just got into 72 scale like a year ago and only have two models, a revell AH-64 and a MRC Trumpeter Russian Mi-8, I kinda wish the Altaya Mi-8 was Russian instead of polish, but atleast there's a good selection of other Russian helis made by Altaya, but I'm pretty sure my next one is going to be the Lynx!
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

bluedonkey99
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bluedonkey99 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Dauntless wrote:Too bad about the TU- 95 Bear. A sure winner of a diecast model that should be made up to today's standards in 1:144. I think it'd be very popular.

I did a search for Fujimi and couldn't find anything else prebuilt. /

They previously did the P-2J, they came in individual packs, or the remaining multipacks.

http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/P-2

Series 1
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10146591

Series 2
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109535

not hugely interesting to many outside the domestic market as very JSDF and the P-2J has different engines to the USN P-2's.

On a more positive note prior to release it was noted that the Nakajimi G10N 'Fugaku' by Fujimi was to be the first of a series of "mega" Aircraft, though to-date nothing else on this series has been revealed!
------------------------------------------------
http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 pm

BD: any news on upcoming 1/144 Altaya/IXO releases for 2013?

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 pm

bluedonkey99 wrote: On a more positive note prior to release it was noted that the Nakajimi G10N 'Fugaku' by Fujimi was to be the first of a series of "mega" Aircraft, though to-date nothing else on this series has been revealed!
That's good news. Lots of WWII and Cold War mega aircraft like the ME-323 Gigant and others mentioned already like the B-36 Peacemaker, or TU-85 Bear (not as big but...)

It would be nice to get some of the many 1:200 scale and smaller aircraft out there made to 1:144 like the Northrop YB-49 Flying Wing.

bluedonkey99
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bluedonkey99 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:17 am

aferguson wrote:BD: any news on upcoming 1/144 Altaya/IXO releases for 2013?
Not as afar as I am aware. The original run of Altaya/IXO stopped probably a year or so back , then they started to be reissued by others such as Amercom. Also, there was another company setting up to reissue these (See flying mule/jumblies?) though their prices seem to be double everyone else's, so I fail to see how they think they will shift boxes in this day of the internet and collectors clearly being able to use the web and compare prices??

A point of interest is that the Altaya series originally had a number of items on the release list inc am Me-232 (if i recall correctly) and a number of other aircraft that were never released.
In addition to which, when Amercom launches into a new country they often appear to slip in a new item relevant to that territory with a national interest - such a the PZL in Poland.

On a more sadder note, one of the Polish forums seems to think that following the Betty #31 the He-111 #32 could be the last release from Amercom, which on thier current release cycle would tie in with the end of this year....??

BD99

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 am

oh i see. I was under the impression that Altaya/IXO/Amercom was still making a bunch of new models every year. Didn't the Do-17Z, Vulcan, SR-71, F-111 and others just come out in 2012 and had never been released before?

From what you are saying, there is essentially nobody making pre-built 1/144 models anymore, except F toys and Fujimi.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 am

aferguson wrote:oh i see. I was under the impression that Altaya/IXO/Amercom was still making a bunch of new models every year. Didn't the Do-17Z, Vulcan, SR-71, F-111 and others just come out in 2012 and had never been released before?

From what you are saying, there is essentially nobody making pre-built 1/144 models anymore, except F toys and Fujimi.
This is correct, those aircraft and a few helis as well as multiple cars have just came out in the past 4months alone...

bluedonkey99
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bluedonkey99 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:45 pm

There are many people still producing 1/144

Pit-Road, tomytec/Takara, Hobby master, Dragon and more.......

it will always ebb and flow, but 1/44 is stronger now than when i started 5-6 years ago!

and, if you are into kits then there are many more 'big name' and 'garage kits' out there!!

BD99

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:43 pm

does anyone have the Deagostini Cant Z 1007 bis? I like the twin tail design. From pics it doesn't look like that bad of a model and might make a nice companion to the Altaya single tail version.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Bluedonkey99, kampfgruppe144 is your blog? Very nice, I have your site on my favorites list and I've visited a few times and had a good read, many thanks for that :D

I find Hobbysearch of Japan to be quite useful to get up to date releases from F-toys and Cafereo among others, here's a quick list of the most recent ones from F-toys

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... ys+1%2F144

I've just noticed a F-toys release called Leiji Matsumoto's The Cockpit featuring some WW2 Axis Fighters, I'm guessing its from an anime/manga like Area88?

Belay that just looked up the wiki entry on this,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cockpit_(OVA)
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm

the cockpit as far as i know is a anime style WW2 cartoon series.

there was a music video made from exerpts from the series showing an Ohka attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKn10wt96kk

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 pm

That was enjoyable to watch, thanks guys. 8)
Also watched the first Cockpit with the FW-190 and TA-152.

Don't have the Cant Z 1007 Aferg, but I was looking at the Altaya one, and a couple other Italian bombers and floatplane, just trying to decide which ones I want.

Anybody getting the 1:144 Hobbymaster Junkers JU-52 Balkans HA 9001?
I just ordered one from Rezzed.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 pm

i dunno, there's a ton of planes to get. I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all at the moment. HM planes are super expensive but i don't like the Altaya one at all, so maybe.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah they are a little pricey, but less then the B-24's. Rezzed had a good price with free shipping though.

This will be my first Hobbymaster 1:144. I don't have or really want any of the other HM JU-52's as I wanted a military scheme.
The Altaya/ IXO don't have the ribbed corrugated surfaces, so didn't want one of those for sure.
Can't afford a 1:72 Corgi yet, or even find the one like this one in Balkans livery for a halfway decent price.

Only 400 total produced so I got it. I think this one will be a little more popular than the silver ones perhaps?

Also managed to win an Altaya Do-217 a couple of days ago.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:38 pm

i hope it looks better than this in person. Colours don't look so hot.

http://www.flyingmule.com/products/HM-HA9009

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobby-Master-1- ... 2c6b02c0fd

Interesting discrepancy between the two and the HM artwork you posted above. They're not even close to each other.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 pm

The colors have been corrected. I was waiting for definite proof of a fix and some pics just hit the web, so that gave me the green light to get one.
http://www.flyingmule.com/products/HM-HA9009

I would've passed on that gawdy incorrect scheme had it come out that way in production. :shock:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 pm

ah i see, so the FM pics are closer to the final product. Colours still don't look that great to me. Very toy like. Cripes, F toys and Cafereo do a better job getting colours right at 1/4 the price. Too bad they don't make a Ju 52.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah I see what you mean. Even with the correction the colors are not as subtle as the profile pic with the dark green a little too dark.

I do like it though and like you say any other JU-52's out there?

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 pm

There's no other " good " JU-52's out there, at least not in 1/144, the altaya Ju-52 will be my next 1/144 for sure....
(Even know the body is bare) but I need more multi engine German aircraft, by the way does anyone have altaya or CafeReo Japanese float plane? Their prices are right around the same, I just like to know with would be the better model?

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 am

Nice clip, I may have seen a clip of this anime before but never put 2 and 2 together that it was the Cockpit. This anime will be added into my to watch list. Thanks Aferg

Glad the colors of the JU-52 has been corrected, I've not been up to date on the latest news on this and I didn't have the heart to tell you Dauntless when I heard you ordered this, thank god hahaha

I hope the JU-52 colors look darker when you have it in hand, the Mule's photos maybe a tad too bright on lighting.

I'd also like to have a HM JU-52 someday, lack of space for a Corgi one so a 144 would do nicely. I'll wait and hope to get one war scheme on a discounted price in the future, can't bring myself to pull the trigger on full price yet.
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace