32X Corsair Question

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

32X Corsair Question

Post by cruizin2000 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:38 am

I went to Wally's yesterday at lunch because I was bored, the weather was nice, and I had a few extra bucks from the old paycheck.

I found the Big Hog Corsair and Hackl's 109 and had to take them home with me. Plus, the wife took the middle son to a sleep study and I thought that it would be a good idea for me to have something to do while she was gone for the night. 8)

Ok, to get to my question. The Corsair has the folding wings and my port wing doesn't want to lock in place like the starboard wing does which it does rather nicely. Rather than break it by forcing it I figured I ask you guys that have one if you had that problem and if so what you did to remedy it..

The 109 went together perfectly and it looks sweet.

So how do you fix the folding wing?

Thanks in advance!!

C2000
Attack!!!!

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Wed May 23, 2007 6:08 am

I've noticed this two, but have ignored it to this point; if anyone has fixed this let me know what to cut or trim.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:29 am

I had a similar problem.. I took a sharp exacto knife and just ran it along the edges of the lock tabs to clean off any excess plastic that was keeping the tabs from locking into place.. It seemed to work pretty well for me as the wings lock in place now..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:06 am

Thanks for the tip, Harry. I seemed to me that the long lip along the bottom edge of the wing was possibly the problem but I think that you might be right. I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. The 32X Zeros look much better sitting next to a Corsair. :wink:

C2000
Attack!!!!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:12 pm

I looked at all my corsairs tonight and made one realization.....

All my corsairs have their wings folded!!! I guess I have a thing for folding wings.. My Avenger (out in the garage) is also sitting in the folded position.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:43 am

I tried the fix on the wings last night - not happening. Now I'm going to have to display it with folded wings. Too bad that they didn't make this with non-foldable wings. They did that for the Zero. When I tried to strafe the cat last night, my wing folded up. Cats don't have AA, do they?

C2000
Attack!!!!