ChairmanMilo's Collection

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

ChairmanMilo's Collection

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon May 07, 2007 11:55 am

I have been collecting 1:72, 1:35 and 1:32 diecast tanks since February 2007. I collect Dragon Armor, Forces of Valor, 21st Century Toys, Hobby Master, Figarti, Admiral Toys and Easy Model.

I have been collecting 1:400, 1:144, 1:72, 1:48 and 1:32 diecast aircraft since February 2008. I collect Corgi, Hobby Master, Dragon Warbirds, Dragon Wings, Gemini Aces, Gemini MACS, Witty Wings, Matchbox Collectibles, Franklin Mint, Carousel 1, Forces of Valor and Easy Model.
Last edited by ChairmanMilo on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:14 am, edited 319 times in total.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon May 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Dragon Nashorn, Jagdpanzer IV/70 and Sturmgeschutz IV (early):

Forces of Valor Tiger I and King Tiger:

Forces of Valor M4A1 Sherman and Churchill Mark VII:

Mortal enemies in small scale:

Forces of Valor Tiger II and StuG III Ausf G:

Forces of Valor Jagdpanther:

Hopefully, there will be better light in the new apartment.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Great pics, and thanks for sharing! Collecting the smaller scales is quite addictive! I started out with 1:18, then got into the 21c 32x vehicles, which led to FOV 1:32, which then went into 1:72 and smaller. Storage space is certainly not the problem :wink:

BTW, that FOV 1:32 Jagdpanther looks really nice! I love my 21c version, but really have to get the FOV tank...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon May 07, 2007 1:20 pm

One of my favourites has to be the Jagdpanther, but the towing cables and schurzen were more than a little irritating to fit properly. I also had to straighten out the gun mantlet - it was rotated a little to the right of the vehicle! So far, I've had to straighten the mantlets of the Panzer IV Ausf F, Panzer IV Ausf G and Panther Ausf G :x

It will certainly make me happy to see both the big hunting cats (Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger) sitting side by side on my shelf.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon May 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Admiral Toys 1:72

Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf L
Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf H
What's your impression of these?? I have toyed (no pun intended) with the idea of getting these, but in all the pics I've seen they appear to have a sort of "toyish" shiny plastic appearance that I found very unappealing, I suppose I could spray them with dullcote or something, but I would rather not have to do that. Thoughts? suggestions?? Thanks.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon May 07, 2007 2:28 pm

I'll have to get back to you - I'm still waiting for the Ausf H to be delivered.

However, here are my thoughts on the Ausf L. It's true what a lot of people say about it - as the first release, the finish is a tiny bit rough and the weathering is only fair to good. The black paint at the end of the gun barrel was a bit uneven, but I can overlook that. The two coolest things about it are a) it weighs a TONNE - even more than a Forces of Valor, and SO much more than a Dragon and b) it's the only 1:72 DAK and 1:72 Panzer III that I've seen.

I haven't had it out of the box for a while, but I'm fairly certain that it is modeled accurately. It looks great. I can't wait to sit it next to the Ausf H to compare the two.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon May 07, 2007 6:11 pm

King Tiger (Porsche turm) and Maus size comparison:

Tiger I and Maus size comparison:

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Mon May 07, 2007 7:06 pm

Nice collection!!!! I love it!! Welcome to the forum. Im a newbie too. Hope your collection keeps building!!

Best of Regards,

-Tobin
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Mon May 07, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi ChairmanMilo,

Since you're into 1/72 tanks, the following website may interest you. Diecast tank collecting can be very habit forming.

http://www.diecast72.com

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue May 08, 2007 5:10 am

I found that site in the last week or so - it's really helping me in my effort to make good additions to my Dragon collection. I might lay off on the Dragon for a while though - the 1:32 stuff takes up a lot of room all on its own.

I'd have to say that the Dragon models look exactly like the 1:72 models that I couldn't make when I was a kid because of clumsy hands. This is a good thing.

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Tue May 08, 2007 1:37 pm

You can always grab some Dragon 1/72 warbirds, or 21st C 1/32 planes. I like some of the FoV planes myself. You can hang these from the ceiling to save shelf room. :D

-H

p.s. -Welcome to the boards.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue May 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I hope to post more pictures of my entire collection when I'm finished unpacking next week. I'll post some reviews too - I want to make sure that prospective FOV buyers know about the first class models and the real stinkers.

King Tiger (Henschel turm) and Jagdpanther:

Grandfather and grandson?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Great collection!!!!
Welcome to the forum ChairmanMilo.. :wink: :D
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue May 08, 2007 11:10 pm

I received my M16 Multiple GMC and Eastern Front Tiger I today. I spent more on that Tiger I than any other FoV I've bought before - it's hard to find anywhere because it's been out of production for a long time. It was well worth it though!

Two great lumbering Ferdinands:

Two Ferdinands and a Sturmtiger: wastes of resources much?

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Wed May 09, 2007 7:13 pm

My Dragons and one Admiral (an old picture without the demolition Tiger and Admiral Panzer III H):

Side picture:

I plan on keeping all of the boxes that I have (the FOV 1:32 boxes will fold up nicely) so that I can liquidate any of my collection for a fair price if I need to in the future. By God there are a lot of boxes though :shock:

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed May 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Hey great collection there man! You have some things I still need to get. I see your collecting the Dragon 1:72 scale, thought about collecting them myself but im not sure.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu May 10, 2007 10:58 am

The pride of my collection, in that it was the most expensive and the tank that I wanted the most! It arrived two days ago.

FoV 1:32 Tiger I Eastern Front 1944:

I really can't wait to get all the Tigers displayed together. Of course, I may have to brace the shelf because it may collapse from the ten to fifteen pounds of steel and plastic :wink:

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Thu May 10, 2007 2:11 pm

ChairmanMilo wrote:The pride of my collection, in that it was the most expensive and the tank that I wanted the most! It arrived two days ago.

FoV 1:32 Tiger I Eastern Front 1944:

I really can't wait to get all the Tigers displayed together. Of course, I may have to brace the shelf because it may collapse from the ten to fifteen pounds of steel and plastic :wink:
Thats a nice Tiger ! Ill have to get that one.

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu May 10, 2007 2:15 pm

I got it off eBay from a great seller in Colorado that has a huge stock of FoV. His handle is rg1911 and so far I've gotten a 1:72 Sherman, Churchill, Bradley, Hurricane and Tornado off of him on top of two 1:32 Tiger Is, Panzer IV and Schwimmagen.

Unfortunately, both Tiger Is that I've bought from him are retired by FoV and very hard to find mint in box. You might want to wait for the new Tiger I being released next month - it even has infantry riders!

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Thu May 10, 2007 3:18 pm

ChairmanMilo wrote:I got it off eBay from a great seller in Colorado that has a huge stock of FoV. His handle is rg1911 and so far I've gotten a 1:72 Sherman, Churchill, Bradley, Hurricane and Tornado off of him on top of two 1:32 Tiger Is, Panzer IV and Schwimmagen.

Unfortunately, both Tiger Is that I've bought from him are retired by FoV and very hard to find mint in box. You might want to wait for the new Tiger I being released next month - it even has infantry riders!
Yea I no about the one with the tank riders, the only tiger I have from FOV is there very first one Normandy 1944. You can kinda see it in my case.

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Thu May 10, 2007 5:08 pm

ChairmanMilo wrote:I got it off eBay from a great seller in Colorado that has a huge stock of FoV. His handle is rg1911 and so far I've gotten a 1:72 Sherman, Churchill, Bradley, Hurricane and Tornado off of him on top of two 1:32 Tiger Is, Panzer IV and Schwimmagen.

Welcome to the forum. It is always nice to have a new member.
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Thu May 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Panzer IV Ausf G (Kowel 1944):

Panzer IV Ausf F (Eastern Front 1943):

Now, I don't really know how many early-model Panzer IVs there were in 1943 that were still armed with the L/24. I seem to remember reading in the Osprey Vanguard book that most F1s were re-armed with the L/43 and if they survived long enough, the L/48. It looks good though, and the Germans did tend to use certain types long after they became obsolete.

Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf G Panther (Eastern Front 1945):

When I sat this Panther down beside one of the King Tigers I have, I was surprised to note that they were almost the same size! The hull type was obviously similar, but I did not expect them to be of similar size. I guess the weight difference had more to do with thickness of armour plate than size! One more good reason to get these 1:32 scale tanks - for reference!

Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind:

M16 Multiple GMC:

When I have all three of them together, I'll take a picture of the SdKfz 7/1, M16 and Flakpanzer together for a size comparison. They all look great by themselves, though!

Soldier16S
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soldier16S » Fri May 11, 2007 4:24 am

I am also a newbie that collects 1:72 and 1:32 vehicles and soldiers.

For the most part I just recently got into the 1:72 scale of collecting and have accumulated a few HMMWVs from Dragon. One thing I have used to supplement my 1:72 forces is plastic model kits from Airfix, Italeri, Revell and Matchbox. I haven't really dove head first into FOV or Dragon, other than the trucks.

I think my downfall will be 1:72, as I collect WW2 to the present in both scales, and having the space for all those vehicles will probably lead to huge amounts of each. :lol: :twisted:

In 1:32 my wife would like to have her dining room back, and I fear she and my daughter may be plotting to take it back by force. LOL!

My pile of FOV and 21st 1:32 is reaching the ceiling in 4 different layers, and ALL my shelves are full of 21st and FOV 1:32 soldiers, vehicles and playsets.

My 1:72 soldiers are starting to reach the ten thousands now.

When I get some time, I will post pics or a link to them from my photosite.

Who is the cheapest 1:72 retailer out there? I have seen a lot of the Dragon prices go as high as most of the 1:32 I buy.

Noel
ADA First To Fire!
US Army 1986-1996
The ONLY GOOD DAY was yesterday...

hawkonevoodoo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hawkonevoodoo » Fri May 11, 2007 7:29 pm

Soldier16S wrote:I am also a newbie that collects 1:72 and 1:32 vehicles and soldiers.

For the most part I just recently got into the 1:72 scale of collecting and have accumulated a few HMMWVs from Dragon. One thing I have used to supplement my 1:72 forces is plastic model kits from Airfix, Italeri, Revell and Matchbox. I haven't really dove head first into FOV or Dragon, other than the trucks.

I think my downfall will be 1:72, as I collect WW2 to the present in both scales, and having the space for all those vehicles will probably lead to huge amounts of each. :lol: :twisted:

In 1:32 my wife would like to have her dining room back, and I fear she and my daughter may be plotting to take it back by force. LOL!

My pile of FOV and 21st 1:32 is reaching the ceiling in 4 different layers, and ALL my shelves are full of 21st and FOV 1:32 soldiers, vehicles and playsets.

My 1:72 soldiers are starting to reach the ten thousands now.

When I get some time, I will post pics or a link to them from my photosite.

Who is the cheapest 1:72 retailer out there? I have seen a lot of the Dragon prices go as high as most of the 1:32 I buy.

Noel
I hope you give these a good look.
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/1-7 ... power.html
http://www.hobbymastercollector.com/

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

Soldier16S
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soldier16S » Sat May 12, 2007 5:28 am

Thanks for the link, HawkOneVoodoo,

I will be interested in their T55s and possibly the British Cromwell, but unless Russia brought their KV-1s to the European battlefield, I probably won't be interested in those.

I am trying to keep myself limited to collecting June 6, 1944 and after and to keep myself limited to the western front and a little bit of the pacific front. I may stretch the limit to 1942 and after, because I also wanted to have a small desert collection too.

Noel
ADA First To Fire!
US Army 1986-1996
The ONLY GOOD DAY was yesterday...