21st 1/32 armor crew

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

21st 1/32 armor crew

Post by Flak Happy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:27 am

Hey guys(and ladies if any) I got quick question about 32x armor crew. Panzer IV specificly. It came with one officer and one enlisted. The enlisted has a sort of strange pose. I know this probably dumb but were the heck does he sit. I've had him for awhile and its driving me batty. Anyone know? By the way great forum/site! I can finally prove to my wife I'm not the only( fanatic as she call me) about small scale militaria. Now if I only had a bigger house!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:43 pm

That figure is a remake of one of the origional 32x Panzer Crew. He sits where you want him to go on the tank. The origional figures could be seperated at the waist to fit easily in a hatch. Below are a couple diorama pictures I took of my gray 32x Panzer III L that show how I used the particular figures of which you speak. The standing officer is not one of my favorite 32x figures, I liked the other commander figure, seen in the second picture. Hope this helps!

Last edited by tmanthegreat on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Thats the one. I kind of did notice the "seam" at the waist were it might come apart but was afraid I might break it. Thanks tman!

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:00 pm

I have so many of these guys, I started modifying them by repositioning their arms, changing out body parts with other figs, I even took the lower part of a US tank driver in the sitting position and attached it to the upper half of the german tanker. I had to paint the pants and boots black to make them match, but it turned out pretty nice. Years of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k makes me look at figs in a different way. I have no problem cutting them up and kitbashing them as long as I have extras.
Last edited by dfoos on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:33 pm

my fav crew member is the FOV Jagdpanther commander, fit in a SPG well and Tiger.

the Can.do Wittmann and Crew is the best of the best IMO for AFV crews.