New FOV Paladin and AAVP

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

New FOV Paladin and AAVP

Post by krieglok » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:28 pm

I was surprized to find a couple new FOV vehicles in my local TRU today. Both were priced at $24.95 each. They are a 1/32 Paladin, a self propelled howitzer and a Amphibious Assult Vehicle (AAVP7A1). They are excellent models. The AAVP rolls like a Hotwheels car and has five hatches that open and the fording shield flips out in the front. Nice commander sculpt too. The Paladin is also a nice rolling vehicle with operating spades on the back and two working hatches. It also has a workable gun lock for the barrel. Nice detail castings and another decent commander figure. To bad that niether model has opening hatches on the rear of the hulls but over all nice vehicles. I didnt even know these were coming out from FOV. The box also shows an M270 Multiple rocket launcher system(a tracked artillery piece) as well as a Bradley and Abrams repaint. Way cool...

TJ

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Paladin

Post by Hoverbug » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:35 pm

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:22 pm

The LAV looks cool and the Paladin is such an interesting modern armor choice. I'll have to check TRU. I like the LAV...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:42 pm

the AAVP7A1 isn't the same as the LAV. I remember seeing pics of a LAV from FOV long ago but don't ever remember hearing about the Paladin or the AAVP7A1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I do remember 21c saying earlier this year they were going to do a 1/18 Paladin...now that would be cool.

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

More!!!

Post by Hoverbug » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:48 pm

How about an M-901!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I wonder how long it will be before these start showing up on the east coast?

Sniper73
Corporal
Corporal

i wonder

Post by Sniper73 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:20 pm

I wonder where this guy got a hold of these, if you notice the same seller has listed all of them. If they werent scheduled for 2005 which i guess they werent, I never heard of them either, why does he have a hold of them. Company insider? a special release at a toy show that we missed?

I dunno, it just seems strange especially because 4 vehicles show up that slipped in under our radar and all at once

Any ideas?

Bill

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

New FOV

Post by Bravo_26 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I just picked up the NEW woodland camo "IFOR" repaint hummer w/2 figures (one in the driver's side hanging out the door-halfway and shooting handgun at arms length, the other standing firing any of the 3 roof mounted weapons provided [M2 .50cal, Mk2 grenade launcher or 7.62mm machine gun].

Also got woodland repaint Bradley IFV & repaint 3-tone desert camo M1A1. All come with much improved redesigned figures!!!

All 3 at Target.

Funny, the hummer comes with the wire antennae this time in lieu of the thick rubber one, and 2 figs. This almost looks like an enthusiast version but it's not.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:50 am

What!!!!!

The LAV/Hammerhead/Paladin/Amtrac are available???? I thought Lightning or someone claimed those were 1st quarter 2005 releases??? Can anyone (including Lightning) confirm the availability of these?? (to hell with Christmas shopping for familiy members..I'll be on a mission if in fact these are available now!) lol

Bravo - I also found these at a couple local Targets and it appears each store I went to only had one of each, hence the reason I had to visit several. I really like the IFOR hummer, looks nice than the sand version IMHO, as does the M3A2.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

New FOV Finds

Post by lightning2000 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:36 am

Hi,
First off, we werent even aware of the AAV or M109 since they never appeared on any price list generated by the manufacturer. As for the Paladin, M113 and LAV-25, Unimax informed us a few months ago that they were pulling them from general distribution and offering them to one exclusive reseller. I believe we posted this info on Groundpounder's site as soon as we learned of this. My guess is that this person auctioning them off on eBay bought several vehicles at the reseller (Target or Toys R Us comes to mind) and is looking to earn some extra money.

Cordially,

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:33 am

I have to admit that it was a pleasant surprise to discover them. I found mine(Paladin, AAV) here in NJ. They had four of each along with the older selection of Shermans and helicopters. I dont mind finding out about them this way as long as I can post the find here and let everyone else know. The advance notice stuff tends to create heightened expectaions and frustrate those who cant get ahold of the stuff in their area. Just as an addition to my original post, the two vehicles are the plain painted versions. They dont have weathering, but they have the "fine" add on details but no extra boxes, jerry cans or bags.

TJ

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bravo_26 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:51 pm

Klaus,

I agree! The IFOR Hummer IS exceptional!! The figures alone ROCK! Now to get my hands on the Paladin, M113, LAV25 & Marine APC!

I can get the new Hummer, M3A2 Bradley & M1A1 if anyone is interested in a swap for the others in your area.

Jorg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jorg » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:21 pm

Holy paladin, batman! TRU/Target, here I come!

Jorg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jorg » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:17 pm

I found a repaint M1A1 at Target. It wasn't woodland, nor desert tan, it was a desert camo, kind of like this: http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/Arm ... -B815.html

On the back it had pictures of the following:
90305 M1A1 (Same as in the package, desert camo
90302 Bradley NATO Woodland Camo
90022 MLRS
90021 M109
90090 AAVP7A1

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:12 pm

mlrs?......that's a new one too i think.

Man, every time new FOV stuff comes out i get so jealous of you guys..

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

More...

Post by Hoverbug » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:47 pm

I just picked up the action repaint Matilda (91201) and it's box had some others listed:

91012 LAV-25 Woodland Camo
91202 M1025 Hummer Woodland Camo
91013 M-901 ITV Desert
91307 Camo Sherman
91204 All-white M-16 Halftrack

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:22 am

How is the Matilda repainted? I just did one in the Battle of France(1940) scheme myself.

TJ

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Hover?

Post by WGP Klaus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:30 am

Hover - where in NoVa did you find the LAV and Hammerhead??

TIA,
Todd

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Klaus..

Post by Hoverbug » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:59 pm

I didn't get the Hmmerhead or LAV - just wanted to note what was listed on the Matilda box. So far, I've picked up the new M-1, M-2 and Matilda at Target Springfield and the Camo Sherman and White M-16 at Target Fairfax. There also appears to be new carded packaging for the figures.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: TRU exclusive on M-109 & AAVP...

Post by c44 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:47 pm

...a possible explanation for this most interesting surprise may come from a Wall Street Journal article I read about a month ago: many of the big toy retailers (such as Hasbro) are offereing exclusives to TRU for the express purpose of boosting TRU's sales --- and hopefully staving off its demise...Well, I hope the strategy works...we've all bitched about TRU, but we'll miss 'em bad if they go under...PS...if Wal-Mart is Mr. Walton's baby, doesn't that mean it's the Son of Sam... :wink:
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Exclusives

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:51 pm

Hi,
You're certainly correct regarding exclusive product made specifically for Toys R Us. In the case of Unimax, they also own several other toy lines including dolls and motorcycles. It wouldnt surprise me to learn that Toys R Us bought more product or a wider array of product in these ancillary lines to secure the rights to exclusive FOV products.
I remember when I was in the Toy industry as a Buyer over 20 years ago. Companies like Mattel would dictate what secondary and tertiary product had to be purchased if you wanted some of the hotter sellers such as Barbie and Hot Wheels. Likewise, Kenner, who owned the prinicpal toy rights to Star Wars and Strawberry SHortcake, intentionally kept the market in short supply to build hype and heighten demand.
In any event, its a good thing the exclusive products are only available at Toys R Us. I, for one, would hate to see their demise considering what they mean to the toy industry.

Lightning2000
ww.themotorpool.bigstep.com
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Jorg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jorg » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:08 pm

Anyone else haven't luck finding the Paladin? I hit 4 TRUs and 2 Targets yesterday and no luck. :(

I found the Matilda repaint and the Humvee repaint, but no Paladin. I'm kind of fond of this piece because I was in artillery for a bit myself. My little brother is currently a Paladin Commander about ship over the sandbox.

Anyone know if there is going to be an enthusiast version of this available later?

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:11 pm

Jorg - I think you can limit your search for the Paladin to TRU??? I've visited countless Targets since first hearing about the new FOV hitting shelves earlier this week, and Target seems to have the Matilda/M1/Humvee/Bradley Assortment. I did manage to determine that TRU has the repaint M16 and the M901, but thats pretty much all I've found thus far. Can anyone report as to where the LAV/Paladin/Amtrac has been found?

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:36 am

I was wondering is there a source for 1/32 TOW missiles for the M109 Launcher vehicle? It's too bad there aren't any included.
Thanks,
Todd

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:30 am

Saw the new FOV AAVP transport at the Fresno, Ca. TRU. Looks like it has alot of function with all the hatches, treads and turret. The desert paintscheme was a little bland, in my opinion, and apart from the driver figure, there weren't many accessories.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

re: Amtrac

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:42 am

have yet to find these beauties, however I'm glad to see from images that they released a current production model from what I can see. Appears to be an up armored, with the ugws. This piece and the LAV are a favorite subject matter as I've ridden in/on both, so I'll be quite pleased when these hit the shelves in my AO.