The Motor Pool...

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

The Motor Pool...

Post by Hanomag » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:58 am

Hey lightning2000, I noticed on the Motor Pool web site there is a second Flak gun listed. There is also a second 7/1 Prime mover with a release date of 7/06. Do you know something we don't or is it an educated guess? Though if it is a guess...it's a safe one.

-H

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Hanimag

Post by lightning2000 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Hi Hanomag,
Call it tanker's intuition! <g> Anyway, with four Tiger I, four King Tigers, and four Schwimmwagens under their belt, among other things, I think its a safe bet you can expect them to re-use the molds and re-introduce the same products in multiple patterns. Unimax will be announcing their 2007 lineup in October, so we'll see if our hunch is correct...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:17 pm

I can't wait for some of those IXO 1:72 armor items to arrive.

My Abrams are tired of blowing up T-72s...

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:36 pm

Thanks Lightning, I kinda figured that...but I've noticed you a have way of getting early intel., so I thought I'd ask.

I wonder if the next 7/1 will be just strait prime mover w/o the AA.
Time will tell.

-H

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:23 pm

or a 7/2 with a 3.7cm Flak

daverose1
Corporal
Corporal

SDKFZ 7/2

Post by daverose1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 pm

21st should do a 7/2. use the same camo scheme as the mobilwagon and I'll buy two. One to keep as is and another to swap gun mounts on the Mobilwagon!!
David

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Hanomag

Post by lightning2000 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:32 am

Hi Hanomag,
I agree. The standard Sd. Kfz. 7 would be welcome as would an 88mm gun in the same scheme. Personally, I'm hoping for a set in a summer scheme or Afrika Korps pattern. I'd also like to see some GMC truck variants to tow the newly-released 105mm howitzer.

While we're on the subject of wishful thinking, some Marine Corps equipment would be well received, particularly AMTRACs and a Sherman with planking on its sides to defeat Japanese explosives. I'm kind of hoping that this will be their breakout year for new molds, instead of all the repaints previously announced. I know there's loads of opportunities right not and I think their new packaging is awesome. My only criticism would be to add something attractive along the spine of the packaging so they can be displayed in a bookshelf fashion like magazines. Frankly, I think that would help to elevate the line to an even higher status, and make more efficient use of space if people would prefer to keep their collectibles in the original packaging...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Yes, Marine Corp epuipment would be great. So would a DUKW for that matter. To FoV's credit, they did make an Amphibian GPA, I don't think I've ever seen another. God I hope you're right about this year being a breakout.

What all has the new packaging? I just picked up The Hanomag (oh the irony)81510 but it was the same box type. Nice piece though.

-H

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:43 pm

I'm just waiting for a Porsche Tiger II.

you know I'll put money down on a Elefant/Ferdie coming out in 2007 from either FoV or 21st...cause it's fits their want list, big, expensive in Real Life with limited use and yea only 90 were made. Plus you have Ost service, Italy and some reports of Western Front service of the type.

although something cool would be French 1940 armour which could be done in French colors and later Captured German Markings. Ie R35(Also Italian and some other Axis minors), S35 and Char B1 bis(Later a FlammPanzer Platform.)