New 1/72 items from MRC/Trumpeter

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

New 1/72 items from MRC/Trumpeter

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:29 am

Bad Cat has these, but I first saw them in a hobby shop while on a business trip, then my local hobby shop had some as well.

German WWII "Maus" - 4 paint schemes
American M-26 Pershing - 3 paint schemes
Russian JS-3/3M - 4 paint schemes
British AS-90 SP Artillery - 2 paint schemes

I picked up two of the Russian tanks (Chinese front and Egyptian) and have one of the AS-90s on order at my local shop.

The detail is on par with the Dragon offerings. The only downside is that the MRC tanks don't come with a display case.

It's interesting that the first set spans four different nationalities and covers everything from WWII to Modern.

I know my hobby shop sold out of almost everything (except the Maus's) VERY quickly.

I'm looking forward to the next set...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:42 pm

hmm....a couple of very interesting choices there. Not sure doing the Maus was good idea, given Dragon's done it but the others are quite neat.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:08 pm

These have been around for a few months now, at least in Europe though now showing up in the US. Very light and all plastic, minimal weathering, but have a huge range planned for 2006. My local hobby shop got stock on these a while back and have sold a fair amount. They have a whole range of Shermans planned later this year.

daverose1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by daverose1 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:17 pm

I saw the Mice and the JS/3s last week. Looked very nice Got me thinking about branching out to 1/72 with all the Dragon stuff. The SHermans are good news. I'm concidering a change in scale for a Sherman collection. The companies doing 1/32 (my prefered scale) don't seem interested in Shermans.

David

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Got me thinking about branching out to 1/72 with all the Dragon stuff. The SHermans are good news. I'm concidering a change in scale for a Sherman collection. The companies doing 1/32 (my prefered scale) don't seem interested in Shermans.
I've been moving down from 1/6 to 1/18 to 1/72 for much the same reason. I was first attracted to 1/18 because of the wide variety of vehicles. But, there's no modern OPFOR. No T-72, no Hinds, no MIGs. So, I'm moving straight to 1/72. LOTS of variety, and even some armor kits being released now to fill the gaps...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:03 am

i have similarily been tempted by the variety available in smaller scales. I even bought a couple of 1/72 FOV tanks at TRU. I was quite impressed with them and they are fine to look at close up but i find when i put them on the shelf they virtually disappear. Plus, they feel like little models. 1/18 scale stuff feels like the real thing.

But still, my space and variety concerns remain. What to do, what to do...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:32 am

found all of the ones listed at a LHS and picked up the Pershings and the AS-90's (for dio with Dragon Challys...now if someone would do a Warrior!). Overall, nice pieces, and the Desert AS-90 looks perfect next to either the FOV or Dragon Challenger.

Bravo two-six
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bravo two-six » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:31 pm

For those of you that have not seen these MRC tanks & aircraft, well, you MUST! The Pershing & AS90 are incredible! Excellent items to accompany the Dragon, Matchbox, FOV WW2 & Modern Era lines! Don't let the plastic worry you. You will be pleasantly surprised at how nice these items are up close.

We have a hard time keeping these in stock, too! And each vehicle comes with a color brochure of the next HUGE wave of tanks to come out next!

You can't tell by merely looking at them that they are plastic, but as a side not they do have internal weights to make them heavier than simple plastic - nice touch MRC!

We have a great photo of the Pershing & AS90 out of the box on our site for those interested in taking an up close and personal look.

Cheers,
Bravo two-six
www.foxholetoys.com
"Dive in!"

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:34 am

Bravo two-six wrote:but as a side not they do have internal weights to make them heavier than simple plastic - nice touch MRC!
I don't think it's a weight so much as it's a very small piece of metal on the bottom of the tank where the screw goes to mount it to the plastic it comes in. I have several of them and compared to a regular plastic kit, there's not much of a difference weight wise.