Best Source for Dragon Armor?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
panzercommander
Private First Class
Private First Class

Best Source for Dragon Armor?

Post by panzercommander » Thu May 18, 2006 3:54 am

In the past I almost exclusively bought from The Battle Rhino. However, the last few purchases have soured me (out of stock items, unanswered emails, shipping items in huge boxes w/ little packing material, etc...) So who is your vendor of choice?

JJVan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JJVan » Thu May 18, 2006 6:00 am

I try and get most of my Dragon armor from the Monkey Depot. http://www.monkeydepot.com/ Every month or so they offer freeshipping and the service has always been good.

I was also getting them from the Battle Rhino, but as you said they haven't been retuning e mails, the new tanks run out in a few days and the packaging stinks recently. The last ones I got were wrapped in empty Wonder Bread plastic bags. The bread crumbs were everywhere and kept sticking to the tank and plactic cases. They use to be very good and had the best prices around. :(

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:30 am

Monkey Depot is good and www.Badcataviation.com is currently running a sale on dragon armor.. Some of which is very cheap!! :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

ltcbj

echobasetoys

Post by ltcbj » Thu May 18, 2006 9:14 am

echobasetoys.com. Superior service, early receipt of new items, same day shipping.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

smh_1021
Sergeant
Sergeant

Another opinion ....

Post by smh_1021 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:06 pm

I would like to recommend that you check-out Burbank's House of Hobbies. I have dealt with Glenn and Jeff at the store for a few years and I think that their prices are quite reasonable, if not exceptional in many cases. They discount the prices quite substantially and the service has been beyond compare - I frequently find that their prices are below what other retailers are offering (i.e. the latest StuG with side-skirts is 15.96).

I have dealt with that retailer for Dragon action figures, diecast armor and planes and the Tamiya product line. They frequently offer hard-to-find items and obtain out-of-production stiock and still offer for very, very reasonable prices.

Minimally, you may want to check out their web-site (www.houseofhobbies.com) or give either Glenn or Jeff a call.

cheesecake
Corporal
Corporal

Post by cheesecake » Fri May 19, 2006 7:07 am

personnally i use ebay because in france, the new release are available later than USA...
for example, the 60068 is just available in france...
any 60234, 60165,....

And then they are available, generally it's expensive !
In ordering to US store, it's cheaper, even with shipping fees !!!
Of course, i must order 2 or 3 items.

i just order the 60116, 60234from ebay in a US store... 43$ (33 euros) shipping inside.