New FOV 1/32 armor

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

New FOV 1/32 armor

Post by ostketten » Tue May 09, 2006 10:51 am

Anybody here a collector and /or fan of FOV stuff?? Here are two new offerings that look pretty nice, whadda you guys think??
LAV here....
http://www.wartoyz.com/page/WT/PROD/FOV-MOD/FV80036
Sandbagged Sherman here.....
http://www.badcataviation.com/um4shw3so1fo.html

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 am

I already have the LAV plain-jane version, and it's well-done. I like the sandbagged Sherman, and it even looks like they finally got the color right (instead of Marine Pacific green). Now if they could ever get their U.S. infantry colors right..............

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 09, 2006 11:18 am

Both look really nice - I also have the action grade LAV (same paintscheme & driver, no weathering & accessories) and its one of my favorite FOV modern pieces with all the opening hatches, stowage, and turning weels. They should have given it a proper troop compartment, though. There is also the FOV M-3 Grant WWII tank repaint, but it seems a little bland to me. I really can't wait for the fieldguns!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue May 09, 2006 11:22 am

Amazing. They introduce the Enthusiast Series LAV and it still has the jacked up markings. It makes me wonder why they even bothered. Nice weathering though. I'll give em that.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue May 09, 2006 11:59 am

Yeah, I suppose there is always something to be wanting for with regard to detail, accuracy and so forth. If 21C could ever get in the same league as FOV when it comes to weathering and battle damage and such, they could be the top pick hands down. Too bad FOV has not made the foray into 1/18th scale, their stuff would be pretty awesome to behold, imagine for a moment an FOV 1/18th Pershing or King Tiger. :shock:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 09, 2006 12:48 pm

ostketten wrote:imagine for a moment an FOV 1/18th Pershing or King Tiger. :shock:
There is a 1:16 scale King Tiger made by the Unimax company (which makes FOV). It is mostly metal and has a fully detailed interior that makes a mockery of the interior of the 21c 1:18 Tiger. The outside has an excellent paint job and weathering. You've probably seen pictures of the 1:16 KT - its heavy and costs a pretty penny.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Tue May 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Dont forget the 1/16th tiger comes packed in a neat wooden ammo crate with 2 books and 1/16th figures. List price around $500.00, Gee I wonder where these guys come up with the list price. Being my price list only has wholesale price 8)
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

Ziegler2112
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ziegler2112 » Tue May 09, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm ordering the new AAVP7A1 from wartoyz in the morning. It's my favorite of the modern vehicles. Kinda reminds me of the sandcrawler from Star Wars.

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Tue May 09, 2006 1:46 pm

I often wonder that too. I see a lot of places list "retail or MSRP" and then their price. Funny that the MSRPs are different pending on the store.

As far as the new FoV stuff, yea they look nice. I'll be picking up the Sherman one day...I'll pass on the LAV though...I only have so much spending money. On a side note, I did see two LAV's pass me on the road one day (a few years back). I remmber thinking "SUV's be damned...I want one of those"

Ostketten- FOV has some other good looking ones coming out too. Such as the 105 Howitzer. If you haven't, check them out. I'm just really hoping for a fifth Schwimmwagen!

-H

ltcbj

LAVs

Post by ltcbj » Tue May 09, 2006 3:16 pm

We live just down the street from Camp LeJeune and we often see Hummers, many with extra armor and gun shields, LAVs, helicopters (both on flatbeds and overhead), Harriers (always overhead) and last Summer British Challengers (on flatbeds) going to and from the local port. Its a real blast when those LAVs go rumbling down the road on company units. Very impressive.
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Tue May 09, 2006 3:52 pm

Must be nice. I live in suburbia, not much to see. Well, if you like yupies in H2s and H3s, we got those aplenty. :roll:

I did see a Cobra on a flatbed once. Like I said not much 'round here.

I plan on going to the WWII air show in PA in June, so I'll try to make up for my loss of seeing things. 'think they're having a B-24 this year. Should be fun.

-H

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue May 09, 2006 4:22 pm

Ostketten- FOV has some other good looking ones coming out too. Such as the 105 Howitzer. If you haven't, check them out.
Yeah Hanomag, I have the FOV 105mm and the German Flak 88mm gun on pre-order, can't wait to see em, they should be awesome. BTW, I just ordered an XD 1/18th Hanomag in Eastern Front camo from wartoyz, I had one on order from a guy that does a lot of business directly with 21st Century in California, and they told him that no more will be produced for "a couple years" so when current stocks sell out, look for these to become somewhat scarce. I dunno if you are into XD but anyone who has ever thought about getting a 1/18th Hanomag should do it soon before they get pricey. I like your nick, I always thought that the Hanomag was the coolest looking APC in WWII, much better looking than the US M3A3 halftrack. Ciao,

Scott

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Wed May 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Too funny. I've used Half-Track as a nick for years but when I came here, it was taken. So I thought...hmmm....we'll just go for the german version. I've always liked how the Hanomag looked...just cool, while the Half-Track looked (and was) more "functional and dull".

I have a few select planes in 1/18. It's just the size prohibits me from displaying and thus collecting. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up friend.

-Jeff