AA MGs

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
daverose1
Corporal
Corporal

AA MGs

Post by daverose1 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:38 pm

I was dusting some tanks the other night, including the first prebilt model tank I ever bought 10-11 years ago. It's a 21st Century M18. Nice tank no attempt to "improve" the olive drab paint job (hey guys, they're green and we're ok with that!). Anyway... As I was dusting it I noticed something, the pedistal mounted M2 machine gun. It's much better than ANYTHING I've bought since, Including $40+ 'Enthusiast" tanks. It's a detailed casting with a good paint job, there is even the belt of ammo coming out of the ammo box and into the loading port of the gun. You can see the clip that holds the belt in the can. The brass and copper of the ammo. The handles are painted Brown, and you can see the triggers! Why the deterioration of these parts of our models. Did 21st's action figure Activities spill over to give us nice MGs at one time? Can we have them back? The AA MG on my brand new "Cold Steel" M24 is absolutely pathetic (oh.. they're green, and we're OK with that!).

Read You Later
David

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:50 am

10-11 years ago? 21c has only been make 32x for a little over five years now. I guess time flies when you're having fun. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by binder001 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:39 pm

This has always been an interesting subject for me. Most .50 cal. M2HBs are junk, even ones on older King and Country tanks. It seems to be catch-as-catch-can with the mold cutter on a particular project. I get frustrated with FoV and their use of soft plastic .50s on the M16 AA halftrack. One might think there is a small market for nice 1/32nd models of the .50 cal. Browning. HR Products has a decent one, but the receiver lacks bulk and there's a lot of flash clean up due to older molds. The absolute NICEST .50 was by an outfit called Collectors Brass who did the guns in both 1/32nd and 1/35th scales. Unfotunately, the CB guns are long out of production and very hard to find. We need an aftermarket supplier to do what Verlinden does in 1/35th - take the gun and make a nice, accurate, multipiece resin kit. That way, those of use who care can upgrade their vehicles without raising prices for everyone.

daverose1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by daverose1 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:07 pm

My M18 predates 32X? I know it's at least nine years old because I bought it before I moved (also before my daughter was born) so I can pretty deffinately date it older than 5 years. It is 21st century as their logo's molded into the bottom. We do need somebody like Verlinden to supply us with accessories. I've gotten kind of board with all FOVs "goodies". I've got the exact same duffle hanging off four different vehicals from three different countries. I've also got more brick rubble than I'll ever need. FOV clue, redo your accesories every couple years!

The machineguns I find curious as in most other ways the models are getting MUCH better. Also, it occurred to me to check the German MGs on my stuff. The FOVs are in fact very good, recent purchase 251/1, StugIII, and Tiger all have nice MG38(?)s and a MG42. The ones on the 21st vehicals are only slightly better than their M2s, pretty bad. The worst machine gun yet is the one that came on my Cold Steel M24, just arrived. It's truely awefull. It really looks like something that would come in a bag of green army guys, blech.

Read You Later
David

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

32X Inception Year

Post by GIToys » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Sorry to be the one to diagnose you with Alzheimers, but the 32x Line debuted in 2001. Prior to this year, 21 Century ONLY produced 1/6 scale items. :)
--GIToys

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 32X Inception Year

Post by Teamski » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 pm

GIToys wrote:Sorry to be the one to diagnose you with Alzheimers, but the 32x Line debuted in 2001. Prior to this year, 21 Century ONLY produced 1/6 scale items. :)
--GIToys
Such a sharp tongue for someone oh so new to the board, hehehehe... Welcome aboard GI!! Looking forward to your participation!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 32X Inception Year

Post by GIToys » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 am

I did give a smiley face :)
I'm actually not a new poster...I have posted in the past as Major Falcon, but for some reason I couldn't log on, so I changed my screen name. Love this forum!!!
--Mike (GIToys)

Such a sharp tongue for someone oh so new to the board, hehehehe... Welcome aboard GI!! Looking forward to your participation!

-Ski[/quote]