Fruilmodel Tracks

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
daverose1
Corporal
Corporal

Fruilmodel Tracks

Post by daverose1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:47 pm

THese are white metal cast track links that are pinned together like the real thing. They look awesome on models, but are made only in 1/35th. Has anyone tried these on a FOV or 21st vehical? I just suggested to Fruilmodel they concider making 1/32 scale tracks for our vehicals! Lets start an e-wirting campaign!

David

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Agree with you 100 percent. The tracks on 21C and FOV products are definitely the weak link in what are otherwise very well done models. Maybe fruilmodel will hear our pleas and start offering tracks in 1/32. I wonder if there is any way to "stretch" the tracks on 21C or FOV tanks to make them "lay down" a bit like they do on many real tanks. If that can be done it's half the battle because the cheap plastic tracks on FOV and 21C vehicles can be painted to look really authentic if you take the time and know how to do it.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:18 pm

I've heard of using thin fishing line to hold down the tracks on the 21c vehicles, but you can't roll them, then, without it coming off.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

daverose1
Corporal
Corporal

Tie downs

Post by daverose1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:21 pm

It is possible to tie tracks down to the road wheels on vehicals like the T-34 or Panther. It's possible to work slack into systems with return rollers (PZIV) too but that's a lot more complicated and would be difficult with the metal hulls of our tanks. It involves setting very small pins through the hul holding the track down. Neither of these look as good as the white metal links. And of course the vehicals wont roll in either case. As to the recent trend to paint the tracks by the companies, cool. But I still want the real thing It may be possible in some cases to fit 1/35 tracks onto 1/32nd scale vehicals. Many vehicals in 1/35 kit form often mic out to closer to 1/32. How tight are the scales held by FOV and 21st?

Read You Later
David

TMAN->Black thread works better. Requires a spindle knot

digger

tracks

Post by digger » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:27 pm

ostketten wrote: I wonder if there is any way to "stretch" the tracks on 21C or FOV tanks to make them "lay down" a bit like they do on many real tanks. If that can be done it's half the battle because the cheap plastic tracks on FOV and 21C vehicles can be painted to look really authentic if you take the time and know how to do it.

For 1:18 you can tie the tracks together with fishing line to pull them down onto the top of the wheels (as was pointed out to me by another member). I don't know if even thin line would be too obvious on 1/32.
Real links would be sweet..but likely a QC nightmare..

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:33 pm

Many vehicals in 1/35 kit form often mic out to closer to 1/32. How tight are the scales held by FOV and 21st?
I don't know, a good question, but having done a fair amount of 1/35 scale armor kit building I can tell you this...the Fruilmodel and other aftermarket tracks are very high quality in both appearance and construction, but they aint cheap, and then they still have to be painted, and this is an art in itself.