Wingnuts 1/32 Lancasters

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General

Wingnuts 1/32 Lancasters

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 am

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

tmanthegreat

Re: Wingnuts 1/32 Lancasters

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 am

Wow :shock:
That will put even the HK Models B-17 to shame in terms of the details straight out of the box!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Well, Wingnut has more/better access to CAD processing power than HKM because of Jackson's WETA effects department.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Wow :shock:
That will put even the HK Models B-17 to shame in terms of the details straight out of the box!
Can only imagine what the price would be. Wingnuts WWI planes like the Gotha are expensive enough. This is their first WWII plane as far as I know( :?: ) Has something to do with remaking the Dambusters movie I'm guessing? I'd have to put someone finishing it in my will as I probably wouldn't get it done in my remaining lifetime. :wink:

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:05 pm

TIL Wingnut Wings is owned by Peter Jackson....

I anticipate this thing costing about 500 dollars, which is wayyy more than I am willing to shell out for a kit. I bought the HK one for $280 and that is about the upper limit for what I am willing to spend on a model of any sort. Shame because I would like to own one as its detail looks exquisite.

-Kevin

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Axis Nightmare wrote:
Wingnuts WWI planes like the Gotha are expensive enough. This is their first WWII plane as far as I know( :?: ) :
Supposedly it will be their only departure from WWI. It definitely was inspired by the work on the Dambusters remake but it was developed separately as the design work for the movie's CGI aircraft is not useable for making a kit.

Many think it will be under the $500 mark, but most likely it will still be more than the HKM model, and I think it only builds as the Dambuster version. There is already a resin conversion set to make a Dambuster out of the HKM. And HKM is suppose to make other variants later.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:47 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:
Axis Nightmare wrote:
Wingnuts WWI planes like the Gotha are expensive enough. This is their first WWII plane as far as I know( :?: ) :
Supposedly it will be their only departure from WWI. It definitely was inspired by the work on the Dambusters remake but it was developed separately as the design work for the movie's CGI aircraft is not useable for making a kit.

Many think it will be under the $500 mark, but most likely it will still be more than the HKM model, and I think it only builds as the Dambuster version. There is already a resin conversion set to make a Dambuster out of the HKM. And HKM is suppose to make other variants later.
$500 wouldn't surprise me though. That's a lot of interior work just to seal the fuselage halves and never see very much of it again. :? And what you do see will be through clear canopy plastic with painted frames.

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager