Academy Nieuport 17 1/32

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Academy Nieuport 17 1/32

Post by cnq » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:35 am

Just finished my 1st WW1 biplane. I used metal wire for rigging :D

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Academy Nieuport 17 1/32

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 am

Beautiful! I think you’ll give those premium John Jenkins Designs 1/30 scale aircraft a run for their money with the quality of your work.

However, if you’re going to continue with WWI aviation subjects, you should check out the kits made by the Wingnut Wings company. This company is owned by film director Peter Jackson (of Lord of the Rings fame) who is a big WWI history buff. I saw some of these kits at my Hobbytown store last Friday and the detail and quality was amazing :D

Link: http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Academy Nieuport 17 1/32

Post by cnq » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Beautiful! I think you’ll give those premium John Jenkins Designs 1/30 scale aircraft a run for their money with the quality of your work.

However, if you’re going to continue with WWI aviation subjects, you should check out the kits made by the Wingnut Wings company. This company is owned by film director Peter Jackson (of Lord of the Rings fame) who is a big WWI history buff. I saw some of these kits at my Hobbytown store last Friday and the detail and quality was amazing :D

Link: http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

Thank you tman.

I know about the wingnutwings kits but the only issue is they are so pricey :)
I have decided to stick with 1/48 Euard kits as they are decent kits and are reasonably priced. I might get wingnutwings kit once in a while if I want another 1/32 biplane.