Corgi returns to Flying Mule

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Corgi returns to Flying Mule

Post by dragon53 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:11 pm

tmanthegreat

Re: Corgi returns to Flying Mule

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:44 am

That’s some good news :D I never figured out why they stopped carrying Corgi a while back... I know the owner was frustrated with some of Corgi’s antics like not releasing products on time and all, but whatever. I’ve always liked shopping with Flying Mule as their prices are good, service reliable, and they’re in my state so shipping is fast. I’m glad to see they have Corgi back in stock.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:44 am

I thought it was because Corgis are slow sellers in the US. Corgi models are heavily British oriented in subject matter, which has lesser appeal in the US, resulting in slow sales on their highly priced models.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Yeah... I still see Corgi stuff move relatively quickly and have decent appeal in the US, but I will agree it is certainly more popular overseas. I spent a lot of time in the UK 13-15 years ago and Corgi was sold everywhere and you always saw people browsing it.

But with Flying Mule, I remember talking with the owner a while back (before they had stopped carrying Corgi) and was asking about a Corgi Avro Vulcan (Falklands version) I had preordered and they expressed frustration that the item was supposed to have been released a few months before and they still hadn’t heard anything about when it was coming... I wasn’t in a rush or anything, so wasn’t bothered by the delay, but I know they definitely were. That may not have been what caused them to stop carrying the line, but it probably didn’t help.

I’ve also heard Corgi dictates prices and often doesn’t let a vendor discount Corgi products, even if they are not selling. And then Corgi has had more QC issues lately. Granted the last couple Corgi items I’ve bought had good QC (and I’ve never personally had a problem with their products in the 15 years I’ve been collecting them) but if they get a reputation for having shoddy QC and high prices, it’s not a good thing.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."