FOV rouses itself from slumber...!!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
jkinzel
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: FOV rouses itself from slumber...!!!

Post by jkinzel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:41 am

:lol: You can wake me from my FOV slumber when the Char bis and the Ansaldo show up!!

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm

That is a lot of Shermans. However the next to the last picture labeled as M4A3 76mm hvss is actually a photo of a M4A2 (twin desiel) 76mm hvss in use by the Soviet Army. I wouldn't mind seeing them release a correct Soviet Sherman.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 am

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Requires permission to view topic.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:53 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:11 pm
Requires permission to view topic.
Too many sites like that are not guest user friendly. There are other sites I was interested in maybe participating in but you couldn't even view anything before signing up to see if it was worthwhile. One in particular I no longer recall the name but was about 1/400 die cast airliners listed all the things I couldn't do or view even after registering until I verified myself via an e-mail with a link that bounced back as invalid. It must have been common because they had another link in the e-mail to click if the link didn't work. :roll: That link was for "help" to get past the bad link. It first told me instead of clicking it, try to copy and paste the link to my e-mail. Tried that and it bounced back as invalid address. Next, it told me to highlight only the first line of the link before clicking it. Nothing worked. I gave up but then got e-mails saying I hadn't finished my registration and needed to reply to a link--that same one that didn't work. I tried a couple of times thinking maybe it was fixed. Got those for about a week and I tried replying directly to that e-mail which must have been automated since it didn't work. Maybe they're terrified of bots, spam and scammers? Beats me.

So cheers to this user friendly site that lets you see anything you want except "Off Topic" if you're a guest.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:16 pm

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Face it, Facebook sux...!

Post by c44 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:25 pm

FOV's facebook page also has what I assume to be the same pix https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/ along with some news about the Jag and some general news about where FOV is going (Of course, if you don't have an account with Facebook you'll be savaged by constant pop-ups asking you to join---I know FB is an easier alternative than developing your own website, but why businesses use them as a promotional platform is beyond me when the viewing experience is one of total annoyance---God I hate FB!) :evil:

The Motor Pool also has the pictures, you might just want to head there...

https://www.themotorpool.net/German-Jag ... 01007a.htm
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:12 am

Hi Guys,
I can understand your frustration. We too get frustrated with Facebook from time-to-time. I don't think its user friendly, although it does serve a purpose.

Here's a link to the FOV web site: http://forcesofvalor.com/index.php While the site is still far from complete, FOV has been doing a better job of bringing up to par as more products/images get uploaded and everyone is given a clearer picture of what is happening.

For the latest news update, FOV seems to update their Facebook page first ahead of any updates to their web site. On the plus side, they oftentimes reveal additional information in the comments section, even if some of the products take a bit longer than originally anticipated to come to fruition. Keep in mind their approach to the line is far different than Unimax. Unimax would come up with a line up early in the year then contract out a factory to build each item, oftentimes bringing in a bunch of items at one time. Waltersons sees things differently even if they own their own factory. They are looking to produce the best possible product that collectors will appreciate and hopefully escalate in value based upon collector input. As such, they ten to produce items one at a time.

Some people have asked why we are slow to make product available while another vendor seems to have things available much sooner. Well, here's the story. In the past, a distributor called Panache Place handled all distribution in North America. Once product arrived, they would then ship it out to their dealer network so that everyone roughly received the items around the same time unless, of course, bills hadn't been paid on time, in which product was held until any balances due were addressed.

With Waltersons, they are using both The Flying Mule and Historic Sales to distribute the product. TFM has been receiving the product via air shipments, which means they are getting product over a month before Historic does. Historic is slower because they are bringing in the product in far greater numbers, hence using surface shipping to bring in new product as well as restocks. This may change in 2020 as more new product makes it into the pipeline. Obviously, larger items has far too expensive to bring in via air mail, particularly their R/C line and upcoming Extreme Metal series.

My hope is that things will straighten out more going forward as they get better at delivering product on time and more new product finds its way into collectors hands.

Regards,
Marc

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 am

Hi Guys,
I can understand your frustration. We too get frustrated with Facebook from time-to-time. I don't think its user friendly, although it does serve a purpose.

Here's a link to the FOV web site: http://forcesofvalor.com/index.php While the site is still far from complete, FOV has been doing a better job of bringing it up to par as more products/images get uploaded and everyone is given a clearer picture of what is happening.

For the latest news, FOV seems to update their Facebook page first ahead of any updates to their web site. Sometimes, we encapsulate these updates on our own blog to distill the information as succinctly as possible. On the plus side, they oftentimes reveal additional information in the comments section, even if some of the products take a bit longer than originally anticipated to come to fruition. Keep in mind their approach to the line is far different than Unimax. Unimax would come up with a line up early in the year then contract out a factory to build each item, oftentimes bringing in a bunch of items at one time. Waltersons sees things differently even if they own their own factory. They are looking to produce the best possible product that collectors will appreciate and hopefully escalate in value based upon collector input. As such, they tend to produce items one at a time.

Some people have asked why we are slow to make product available while another vendor seems to have things available much sooner. Well, here's the story. In the past, a distributor called Panache Place handled all distribution in North America. Once product arrived, they would then ship it out to their dealer network so that everyone received the items roughly around the same time unless, of course, bills hadn't been paid on time, in which case product was held until any balances due were addressed.

With Waltersons, they are using both The Flying Mule and Historic Sales to distribute the product. TFM has been receiving the product via air shipments, which means they are getting product over a month before Historic does. Historic is slower because they are bringing in the product in far greater numbers, hence using surface shipping to bring in new product as well as restocks. This may change in 2020 as more new product makes it into the pipeline. Obviously, larger items are far too expensive to bring in via air mail, particularly their R/C line and upcoming Extreme Metal series.

My hope is that things will straighten out more going forward as they get better at delivering product on time and more new product finds its way into collectors hands.

Regards,
Marc

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:53 am

Today's Motorpool email states FOV"s new price brackets.

" Forces of Valor has formally announced plans to revise their pricing structure for their 1:32 scale military vehicle line beginning in early 2020. Essentially, smaller scale vehicles, such as their jeep and zundapp, will carry a MAP of $69.99. Medium sized vehicles, which includes the Sherman tanks and other similarly-sized items, will be pegged at $79.99, while the larger vehicles, including their upcoming Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger and Tiger tanks, will sell for $89.99. These increases are designed to cover the costs associated with upgrading all of the existing molds to the revised specifications, the inclusion of larger display bases as well as the creation of new toolings for some of the vehicles expected to appear in 2020. As an aside, we will honor the price of any pre-orders that have already been submitted to us for the larger sized vehicles."

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:32 am

Well that kind of stinks. Then again, I have been collecting premium 1/30 scale models that cost 3-4 times as much as the FOV ones, so I guess it’s not as big of a deal... I just hope that for all the new improvements and higher price point that FOV retains good quality control and doesn’t become like it was during the last few years under the Unimax company.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:27 pm

I wonder how the tariffs will affect the prices? The Jagdpanther looks great!

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

FOV reaches for the morning caffeine?

Post by c44 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:13 am

FOV's facebook page has some pix of it's showings at the Hong Kong Toy Fair, though mostly a tease----some not-close-ups of the new Shermans, German armor, and 1/72 aircraft and armor...
more updates are promised soon, but we've heard that before... :)

Also buried in the comments section are mention of plans to release (presumably in 1/32) a Centurion, a Leopard, and a Cromwell tank...though no mention of a re-release of the coveted Challenger...

Also, the Motor Pool mentions that FOV has again revised its pricing structure and release variants...reading between the lines, I suspect FOV is looking up from contemplating their navels and realizing they better get some product in the pipeline (does Legacy Series translate to just re-release some old toolings as is? If so, fine with me)...read it here and draw your own conclusions:

http://blog.themotorpool.net/

Now if they'd only start re-releasing the 1/18 line....
C44

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:09 am

I noticed the KV 2 & SU 100 have been deleted from The Motorpool's website....disappointing
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:38 am

Not deleted - simply hidden until we have a better sense as to pricing as it relates to this new category structure. Originally, when they were first announced several years ago, the new vehicles were going to be straightforward additions to the line, with no mention of added engines, upgraded parts, etc. Now that they have a different strategy in mind, we've decided to temporarily take down these listings until a formal product announcement has been made that includes realistic release dates. Its great that they have all these plans in mind but its equally important they get product out-the-door and into the retail pipeline.

The Motor Pool

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 am

Wake me up when the Centurion and Leopard show up!

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:43 am

It will be a long nap then. Neither vehicle are expected any time soon.

The Motor Pool

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:27 am

The longer they delay these items the better for me. It gives me time to save up.... :P

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Even Rip Van Winkle is losing patience...

Post by c44 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:39 am

Well, if they wait too much longer, my next of kin can place them by my headstone... :lol: :lol: :lol:
C44

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:56 am

Today's Motorpool email says FOV is releasing 1/200 aircraft carrier dioramas.

'"On a different note, the Company is looking to branch out a bit by offering a new series of budget-minded interlocking sets that will feature a 4-inch aircraft along with a 1:200 scale section of an aircraft carrier deck. The first "panorama", if you will, is designed to portray deck operations atop the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) just after its overhaul in 1982. No word as to pricing just yet although the series is expected to street some time this summer."'

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Speaking of FOV, my local Hobbytown USA store got in their new Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger models. I did not get the Jagdpanther as my old one from 2004 is still my favorite and the new model was not a significant improvement over it, but I did get the Jagdtiger. It is a significant improvement over the old Unimax tooling and now features opening drivers hatches, an opening engine, anti-aircraft MG, and an accurate paint job with decent weathering. The model came with a stand to mount the engine on, but I was not able to remove the engine block, even when unscrewing the upper and lower hull sections. Actually, opening up the hull revealed that the radiators and fans were also detailed on either side of the engine, and are visible through the gratings on the rear deck. A neat detail for sure, even if it’s not completely visible 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:25 pm

I hope my local hobby store will get them in soon. I did not collect them when they came out years ago. Now I am in the game. I've already had the new British Sherman and Russian T34.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:11 am

Today's Motorpool email----FOV announces eight new Shermans.

#FOV80172A -US M4A3E8 Sherman Medium Tank with HVSS Suspension - Creighton Abrams' "Thunderbolt VII", 37th Tank Battalion, 4th Armored Division, NW Europe, 1945 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801070A - US M4(75) Sherman Medium Tank with VVSS Suspension - 47th Tank Battalion, 14th Armored Division, France, July 1944 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801071A - US M4(105) Sherman Flame Throwing Medium Tank with VVSS Suspension - 713th Flame Throwing Tank Battalion, 11th Armored Division, Okinawa, April-June 1945 [Bonus Continental (Wright) R-975, Radial 9 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801059A - US M4A3(105) Sherman Howitzer with HVSS Suspension - 8th Tank Battalion, 4th Armored Division, Avranches, Brittany, France, July-August 1944 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801020A - US M4A3(75) Sherman Medium Tank with VVSS Suspension - 35th Tank Battalion, 4th Armored Division, Bastogne, Belgium, December 1944 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801073A - US M4A3(76)W Sherman Medium Tank with VVSS Suspension - C Company, 771st Tank Battalion, 12th Armored Division, Linnich, Germany, February 1945 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801074A - US M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo Assault Tank with VVSS Suspension - "Cobra King", 37th Tank Battalion, 4th Armored Division, Bastogne, Belgium, December 26th, 1944 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)
#FOV801057A - US M4A3E8/M4A3(76)W Sherman Medium Tank with HVSS Suspension - "A Paper Doll", 68th Tank Battalion, 6th Armored Division, Germany 1945 [Bonus Ford GAA V-8 Engine] (1:32 Scale)

Interestingly, most of the vehicles will carry an $89.99 price tag while a handful will be pegged at $79.99. Information will soon be disseminated regarding their set of four different Tiger I heavy tanks as well as the first vehicle in their newly launched Inside Out Series, the Sturmtiger assault mortar.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:52 am

$80 - $90...Whew...that seems like a lot but based on tariffs and Chinese production issues, it is what it is.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Did you think they would come in at the old price points? That was never going to happen.