Annual Model Contest 10/21/17

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Axis Nightmare
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Annual Model Contest 10/21/17

Post by Axis Nightmare » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:18 am

The Cincinnati Scale Modelers held their annual contest and swap last Saturday. I noticed high prices and large kits of Subs and other boats were being offered I don't recall in the past. Here are a few pictures....

This was a fabulous display of Israeli Air Force history in 1/32 scale. Look closely. Do you see anything unusual about the models? The answer at the end of the post***

Kits were offered for sale by the thousands. Note the prices on those Wingnut kits. :shock:

The IJN in it's glory days

One of the big Sub models. Note the "Seaview" model in the background. A young friend of mine there had no idea what that was or had ever heard of the TV show.

This guy backdated the old Monogram Typhoons to the IB's. I've seen photos of mixed squadrons of both three and four blade prop examples.

Lots of nice dioramas

This fantastic 1/32 scale Wingnut F2b took first in multiwing, then 1st in overall aircraft, then grand champion best of show. It is the work of a man in his 70's!, Attilio Tores. He has models displayed at our Museum.

***Answer to the earlier question
They are all made of paper. :shock:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Annual Model Contest 10/21/17

Post by jlspec » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks for sharing.