Newray 1/32 Blackhawk and Osprey

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Newray 1/32 Blackhawk and Osprey

Post by ketelone » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Has anyone seen these or have these? I was viewing the Michigan Toy Soldier site and these aircraft are being offered. They're called a playset. In addition to the aircraft you get a couple figures and an armored vehicle. I'm interested in knowing if they truly are 1/32.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

tmanthegreat

Re: Newray 1/32 Blackhawk and Osprey

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:15 pm

The New Ray Blackhawk I've seen is about 1/60 scale, so a bit smaller than 1/32. They do make a 1/32 AH-64 Apache and Hughes 500. Apparently they also made a 1/32 Skiorsky HH3, though I've never seen that in person. There was a thread about the HH# from about 5 years ago: http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =6&t=28723

I have the Hugues 500 and Apache. They are basic and toy-like, but can be modified to look good. Here is my modified New Ray Apache, with custom decals and figures :)

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:17 pm

I have the Osprey... picked it up at the MCAS Miramar airshow a few years ago. Was nice to be able to compare it to REAL Ospreys that were parked right next my car on the way out. Overall it's REALLY nice... I just wish it didn't have such a large seam down the middle and the rotors were a little tighter so when they are folded they sit horizontal like the real ones The photos below are cell phone shots on top of my car while at Miramar - look in the background for the real ones. Scale wise, I have no idea if it's truly the correct 1/32 size sadly.

Every year I have a chat with one of the big toy vendors at Miramar, and always ask him about what's new with New Ray. The one thing I really wanted was the 1/48 scale Blue Angel with a sticker pack so I could have a full diamond formation... they were going to release that but then lost the license to make Blue Angel toys so it won't happen sadly. I'm holding out that someday they will produce a quality CH-53E Super Stallion. No one seems to have a really good quality one out there.

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks guys. The Michigan Toy Soldier site said they were 1/32. I knew it was too good to be true. I did check the New Ray site and it reflects 1/60. It's hard to believe these sites don't proof their offerings.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."