FOV

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

FOV

Post by ketelone » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Any news? Nothing I could find on Google....
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

1 /32 FOV MIA

Post by c44 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 pm

There's not much to go on, is there? Their FB page releases news a raindrop at a time and their webpage is a confounding mix of old product and the new naval line, but Motor Pool posted this on 6/30...

"We’ve also been in touch with their managing director who has indicated they will be sending us their first batch of photos for their 1:32 scale military vehicle line this weekend. We will upload the photos as an adjunct to this post once we’ve reviewed them and made any necessary adjustments for better viewing."

( http://blog.themotorpool.net/page/2/ )

The suspense is unbearable... :)
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

dragon53

Re: FOV

Post by dragon53 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Any news about FOV's upcoming 1/32 Panthers?

I've been unsuccessfully trying to find some of the old FOV 1/32 Panthers and am hoping FOV re-releases them (i.e. the same turret numbers, paint schemes, etc.).

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Still not much to go on...

Post by c44 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 pm

...but FOV is keeping in touch...

https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/pos ... 6618563276

BTW, Motor Pool edited their posting that I had previously quoted, maybe at the behest of FOV? Who knows, but their site is a reliable source of info, hope they do post some pix...
C44

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello All,
Its been quite awhile since we last posted here so thank you for activating our account and hopefully we can shed a little light on the matter.

In regard to FOV, the new owners are taking their time getting things right, perhaps at the consternation of their fans, who would like to see the new range come to market as quickly as possible. We were told several weeks ago that images were pending, however, the manufacturer also acquired VS Tanks in the interim, a former rival in the R/C camp, which necessitates some action on their part to bring them up to speed too, all the while experimenting with new packaging and gear for the 1:32 scale vehicles.

We are in constant touch with the new owners and are still hoping to receive and post images of their vehicles very soon. They have posted some rough shots on their FB page, so they may appear there first before anywhere else.

Cordially,

The Motor Pool

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 am

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:26 am

They also give regular updates on their Facebook page, if you are on that site:

https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/

I have high expectations for the reborn FOV line and I'm anxious to see the final products - and worried how my wallet will handle it all :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm

I agree tman, I've been slowly waiting for these to come out. I'm getting back into 1/32 and am waiting for these to start selling.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: FOV Update

Post by Lightning7000 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello All,
I got a message from Waltersons concerning the FOV line and thought I'd share it with you. First off, we are expecting the first four warships to arrive some time next week. This includes the USS Arizona, HMS Ark Royal, DKM Bismarck and USS Enterprise. The second set of warships will likely arrive in early October.

Our point person also indicated that images of four 1:32 scale vehicles should go ready for prime time in a week to ten days. The second set of images will likely follow suit a week or two later.

While they are hard at work completing the 1:32 scale vehicles and some 1:72 scale aircraft, the long-awaited 1:16 scale Tiger tank has been pushed into early 2018 due to replication issues. This means the mold is ready but the replicating equipment is not. Its possible that they can still supply us with information and images for the upcoming vehicle before the end of the year. The VS Tanks acquisition along with certain supply side issues are largely to blame for the delays.

I know everyone is waiting with baited breath to see the line so before the complaining commences it would help to give them some added space so they can get their ducks in a row and get off on the right foot.

Marc

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Great news. Tanks lightning :lol: .
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

FOV, come back to me...

Post by c44 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:44 pm

For those who liked to be teased, there are some new photos (and even a gif-length vid!) of the coming 88 Flak Gun at

https://www.facebook.com/fovhobbies/

I'm pleased that FOV's new owners are taking such a TLC approach to the coming re-releases, can't wait to hear that they're actually being shipped...
C44

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:30 pm

FOV has already released their 1/700 Scale ships, and I think they are a good portent of things to come. I have all the ships from the old FOV line save the HMS Ark Royal and USS Missouri (although I have the similar Gearbox Toys version of the Missouri) so I purchased the HMS Ark Royal model from the new Walterstons FOV line from Flying Mule. While the ships are very much the same as the previous Unimax releases in terms of tooling, the paint quality control is noticeably superior and there are a few more parts to assemble. The Ark Royal model came in a fantastic box with beautiful box art and a protective flap over the box window. The box flap has historical photos and a short history of the ship on it. The box display is beautiful! The ship is secured to a vacu-form plastic base with the water effect detailed... I almost wanted to leave the model in the box! Opening the box, you get the parts to assemble the display stand, a card with the 1/700 scale Swordfish and Skua bombers, another card with the ship's propellers, new FOV catalogue on good quality cardstock, instructions for assembling the stand, and even a tube of Chinese superglue for affixing the propellers and other loose parts if desired. There are also stickers for the flags. In short, lots of parts packaged securely. The ship separates from the base using a couple locking pins - no screws to worry about!

Overall, I was very pleased with the quality packaging, quality of the model itself, plus the various "goodies" that came in the box. If the new FOV armor comes packaged this way, we will be in for a treat 8)

Here are some pictures of the FOV 1/700 scale HMS Ark Royal carrier model... Enjoy :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 pm

nice review, Tman....in the Mule's pictures, the aircraft have little bits of blue camouflage on them....is that how they really look?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:42 pm

TMANTHEGREAT:

Another great review.
Years ago, I saw FOV's first warship, the Bismarck, at Target and it looked too toy-like to me. I assume the new FOV Bismarck is the same as the original. How do the entirely new FOV ships compare to the older, original ships in detail?
Last edited by dragon53 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Dragon, Looking at the pics on Flying Mule's website, the ships seem identical, save that a little more assembly is required (attaching the props & flags). QC seems good and there were no uneven lines, etc on my Ark Royal model. I was disappointed to see that they left the swastikas off the 1/700 scale Bismarck again, but maybe they included a decal or something?

Aferg, the planes appear a little more grey in person (if you zoom in on my photo of the inboxed items you can kind of see it) not but It may still be too light for the Royal Navy aircraft from the early war period. I'll get a picture posted of my carrier all set up to confirm.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:43 pm

The ark royal looks amazing!! It seems that they kept the same logos and molds for their releases.

The New Flak 88 looks amazing though. It is in DAK colors which is extremely rare for FOV. I don't think FOV has ever released a DAK scheme vehicle!!
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:16 am

Aferg, in contrast to what I posted above, the planes that come with the FOV Ark Royal are indeed painted with too light of a shade of blue... Here are some photos of my ship, including a comparison shot with the Corgi 1/72 Swordfish from the the Ark Royal during the battle to sink the Bismarck; the plane of which I assume has the correct shade of blue/gray.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm

TMANTHEGREAT:

Do you have any of the FOV battleships and photos?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

thanks for the pics and info, Tman.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm

I don't really post much more on GPXD, so I hope, you guys still kinda remember me :lol: :lol: :lol:

The photos on FOV's facebook page is pretty amazing. Their DAK 88mm FLAK gun has brand new figures, with new uniforms and poses

The Ferdinand looks very impressive as well!!
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Heer, I remember you... Glad to see you come back, and yes, the new items FOV is teasing us with recently (Sherman Firefly, Elephant, DAK 88mm Gun & crew) look amazing!

Dragon, I've included photos of the other 1/700 Scale FOV ships that I have, all made under the Unimax brand as opposed to the new Walterstons line. My USS Missouri and USS Indianapolis are actually Gearbox Toys models. They are very similar to the FOV models and have more diecast on them, though the FOV models have slightly better details. Hope these pictures give you the sort of reference needed, and please excuse any dust!

FOV USS Enterprise

FOV Bismarck

FOV USS Arizona & Japanese Yamato

FOV HMS Hood

Gearbox Toys USS Missouri & USS Indianapolis

FOV Tirpitz (nearly identical to the Bismarck tooling save the paint & a few minor modifications)

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:02 pm

TMANTHEGREAT:

Thanks for posting the photos.
Years ago, I bought a bunch of 1/350 warship kits for the Bismarck, Yamato, Musashi,Hood, King George V, Enterprise, Indianapolis, etc. Now I realize I don't have the patience and skill to assemble and paint the models, so they're gathering dust.
I'm looking at the FOV ships as an alternative, but the frumpy detailing turned me off.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Looking at pictures of the original Unimax-brand Forces of Valor HMS Ark Royal, they used different shades of gray on the ship, have different lines on the flight deck, but the aircraft have more of the correct gray and green camouflage. I know the colors on the new aircraft are off, but I wonder about the rest of the ship?

See here: http://flyingmule.com/products/um-86007

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:47 pm

The facebook page for FOV also has some impressive pictures for the UK Sherman Firefly. The rear engine hatch opens up to reveal a detailed engine hatch :D :D :D

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Flying Mule has some of the new FOV 1/32 armor---the Panther that's in stock was discontinued by the old FOV and I think the M24 Chaffee was, too.

Link: http://www.flyingmule.com/range/diecast ... -of-valor/