Lots of new members! June 2017...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Lots of new members! June 2017...

Post by p51 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:39 pm

We're getting a sudden spike in new members (real people, not spam) the last few days. Anyone have any idea what's bringing them here? For any members who just joined, how did you find us? Welcome to our little corner of the internet!

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Lots of new members! June 2017...

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Brit, do you use Google Analytics? If not, it's free and can tell you what other site link or Google search people used to get to the registration page here, in most cases anyway.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

YT

Post by YT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:41 pm

I hit the G.I. Joe convention last week otw home. I tried to talk up the site every chance I could. G.I. Joe is in trouble but interest in 1:18 seems to be growing. This site is the best option by far!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 pm

"this website is the best one for 1/18 since 1884 !" - Abraham Lincoln
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 pm

" i registered twice last week ! " - Donald TRUMP

:lol:

Crimson Pilot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Crimson Pilot » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:09 am

I have been lurking here and there but only registered on JoeDios a few years ago. My diorama pics have gotten better since then. I wanted to get better on customizing at the level I see here. I am almost ready to start some projects. The best I could manage so far with the cost of 1/18 is paper models enlarged by FedEx to fill gaps. I made a few tanks, planes, setups and even a control tower (going to add more to it) out of paper models I found online. I have a few actual 1/18 tigers and Shermans with a half-track for both sides. My planes are mostly paper on the German side (have to with the depletion of resources since a paper OK'ish BF 109 is about $23 to build VS to buy). I do have a B-25 and B-17 RC that is pretty close to 1/18 so they work. I just picked up my 2nd 1/18 BF 109 and my 1st ME 262 a few days ago. Most troops are German because they were easiest to find and cheap enough to buy in bulk. I have to do a proper inventory soon. Anyone in the AZ area?
Hogan barging in on Klink and Burkhalter:"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"
Burkhalter:"Of course you are. I've never seen you when you are not interrupting."

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Welcome aboard to all our new members.
Since I've been working on my 1/18th scale Tomcat conversion, I've been curious to see if there were others and I've done many, many searches for sites pertaining to the scale or other Tomcat rebuilds / repaints and this is really the only one that I've come across. There is a 1/18th scale aircraft / BBI / 21st Century Toys page on Facebook, which I joined but, to date they only have 47 members.
I can't remember how I came across this site 5 years ago but, I'm sure glad I did. This site inspired me to tackle the Tomcat rebuild and share it with others here. I'm also in amazement of some of the very talented people on this site and the things they can do with plastic.
I for one, hope the scale isn't dead and would truly like to see more current aircraft released in the future.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:20 am

COOL ! your tomcat is so cool ! keep it going and then send it to me :)

mutt71
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks to p51

Post by mutt71 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks to p51 for assisting me to gain membership here. I really do appreciate it. I look forward to participating here on the board.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:40 am

I belonged to a small forum mainly centered around diecast aircraft collecting. I was pretty active there until a few months ago when I became ill with kidney issues.

It was a fairly active board as were about 15 other people, but they had a large membership.

While I was out of action, the board seemed to have disappeared. I would guess many of the members migrated here. Some people, like myself, at that forum were members here before the diecast aircraft forum disappeared.

Any other migrants here? I was "Tommarkert" at the other site...

Tom

Robc988
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Robc988 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:59 am

I was around between 2001 to 2008 or so. I couldn’t pull up my old account so started a new one. I hope this scale isn’t dead so to speak. I amassed about 200 aircraft in the past but missed out on the new stuff. I got pretty sick and have just been able to get over that and back into collecting and having some fun. I hate I missed the jsi F-14. What an incredible model. Amazing.