Bronco Models 1/35 Seehund XXVIIB German Midget Sub

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Bronco Models 1/35 Seehund XXVIIB German Midget Sub

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm

I finished the Bronco Models 1/35 scale kit of a German Seehund XXVIIB Midget Submarine today. The model represents Seehund #17, which operated off the German coast between January-May 1945. The Bronco kit is not difficult for the most part and I used the model and an opportunity to try out some pre-shading, post-shading, and dot filter weathering techniques. I've posted some pics below, with further details about the build in a companion post in the Customs & Mods Forum.

Enjoy :D

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Bronco Models 1/35 Seehund XXVIIB German Midget Sub

Post by cnq » Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Excellent work tman. Did the figure come with the kit ?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks cnq!

The figures are repainted Dragon CanDo Tiger Aces German tanker figures. The tankers look close enough to U-Boat crew wearing overcoats and are relatively cheap and easy to come by. I know there are 1/35 scale German U-Boat crew figures out there, but finding one in a decent pose has been challenging - and I don't want to have to put down $20+ to purchase a single figure from overseas that I have to build and paint. The only issue is that Dragon uses a rubber-like soft plastic for the figures and even acrylic paint remains somewhat sticky after drying. Giving them a dusting with some weathering powder helps cut down on the tack.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat May 27, 2017 12:23 am

The other problem is you end up with a submariner who has a tanker's badge on his jacket.