Museum Display with 1/48 aircraft

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Museum Display with 1/48 aircraft

Post by JollyRoger » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm

I had posted awhile ago with the 1/48 scale Birdcage Corsair that I had made depicting 2nd Lt. Nick Mainiero's Corsair as it looked just before his mission where he returned with most of his tail blown away. Well being that the museum is an all volunteer and the few of us wear several hats we finally have gotten the display just about finished.
The display honors 3 local WWII veterans. Each very special in his own account. Several model builders connected to the museum contributed to the display. The models depicted are just a few of the actual aircraft that these gentlemen had flown.

In 2nd Lt Steels case among the many aircraft he had flown is a Helldiver ( which he had sunk a Japanese ship ) and a Cougar which he flew in post WWII.

In 2nd Lt Kaolian's case is the L-4 and the WICC Radio Traffic reporting aircraft he had piloted.
And finally in 2nd Lt Mainiero's case is the Corsair I was honored to build and still in the process from another model builder is the AT-6 that pilot Mainiero trained in.
We also plan on adding other personal items to the showcases as we continue.
The yellow tint to the pictures is caused by the High Intensity Sodium lights. The museum is actually located in a few buildings which were once occupied by Vought-Sikorsky / Chance-Vought / and finally AVCO Lycoming. It takes a bit of knowledge with a camera to make the pic come out looking right.

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Museum Display with 1/48 aircraft

Post by nooker21 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:49 am

If you go back and take more pics, adjust the white balance on your camera to compensate for the sodium lights. There may even be a setting for that type of light, and you'll see a huge improvement...