1/48 Corsair finished for museum display

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/48 Corsair finished for museum display

Post by JollyRoger » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 am

The 1/48 scale Corsair model for the Ct. Air & Space Center museums display of 'Home Town Heroes" has been finished and delivered. The base color is Model Master Intermediate Blue. All the other shading and hues were achieved with pastel chalks applied by scrubbing or brushing with Q-Tips or paint brushes. The lighting for the pictures washes out a lot of the detail of the weathering.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/48 Corsair finished for museum display

Post by hworth18 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Wow, that is really nice!! I once had a V2 rocket I built bought for a museum display. It was quite an honor for me knowing hundreds of people would be looking at it every year.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Excellent finished. I like it. I'm sure people will like it when they see it display in the museum. You should be proud.

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Thanks guys, the biggest honor I have is to have known the pilot of the aircraft and to have had many conversations with him before his passing. If you have a minute please go to the Connecticut Air & Space Center museum's website to read about him. This is a man who took a shell in the cockpit which blinded one of his eyes but continued to strafe the enemy to protect his fellow Marines on the ground. Blows me away.

Heres the link to the story.

https://cascstratford.wordpress.com/loc ... ing-cross/