Diecast Hnagar Pub seems to be gone

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Diecast Hnagar Pub seems to be gone

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:10 am

Looks like the Yuku forum has folded. I had a sense this was going to happen from the declining number of posts.

Seems most of the people have moved to Model Hangar. It's pretty quiet too but will probably pick up.

http://modelhangar3.com/
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Diecast Hnagar Pub seems to be gone

Post by cjg476 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:05 am

Yeah. Most moved awhile back. Sad to see it go but it had a lot of issues.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:01 pm

If you used ad blockers most of the Yuku issues could be dealt with----except for picture posting. My problem with the DHP was the almost total lack of support for all but modern jets and the very low response rates if one posted anything about WW2, code 3s, etc. Nevertheless, members of the DHP should give its owner, JP, a lot of credit for supplying an alternative when the original site's initiator---The Flying Mule---suddenly dropped it without much warning.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:38 pm

it had issues but it's too bad it's gone. There were a lot of reviews on there that are lost for good now. I'm still catching up on diecast planes from a few years ago and I liked being able to read reviews on them before buying....now that's more difficult. There's still DAC but they have fewer reviews and the site is a pain to use.....slow to load, freezes etc.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:04 am

Sorry to see Diecast Hangar Pub go. :(

While many reported it having issues, I never had any myself, but could tell the frustration factor was getting bigger and bigger. And would like to thank JP for setting it up in the first place, after Model Hangar I, and II both also went under, for different reasons.

I wasn't around for Model Hanagar I, but was originally set up by The Flying Mule. It morphed into MH II, which was a great forum, but seems like the person in charge of it, simply lost interest, and was beset with issues in its last stages. Very frustrating for all involved, and MH II is still sorely missed, with allits great posts, reviews etc. Simply gone.

And that is where JP came in, and set up Diecast Hangar Pub. Basically as a replacement, and successor to MH II. However, it used the Yuku platform, which was not user friendly to lots. Many members of MH II that wanted to join, simply couldn;t sign up, and other ongoing issues. So lost lots of great and deicated members, which was frustrating. And seemed to get significantly worse the last six months, although I personally never had any problems.

Stew had the courage and foresight to set up yet another forum, as unfortunately the writing did seem to be on the wall for Diecast Hangar Pub. Mostly due to the Yuku platform, and increasing usability issues for members. Sad to see, but I do blame the Yuku format for it's demise.

MH3 is the new forum, and it seems to be doing fine, but needs time to build and mature. It is still in its infancy, but heading in the right direction. :D

I do miss MH II, as do many of us. Tons of members, and a broad range of topics and interests. It was fun, and worked well. Until the later stages. The pictures, reviews etc that were lost when it folded, are still sorely missed.

But have a good feeling about MH3, and on a platform which Diecast Hangar Pub should have used in the first place. The rebuilding will take some time, but I have faith. :D