Entering the 1:32 Tank World

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Entering the 1:32 Tank World

Post by dragon53 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 pm

TMANTHEGREAT:

That's interesting to see a company replicate the FOV 1/16 figures.....now if they could replicate FOV's discontinued 1/32 armor.

My FOV 1/16 tanks are displayed side by side by side next to the coffee table, so when I'm watching tv or anything else, I always see the tanks about two feet away.
The figures for the Peiper King Tiger #008 have slender frames---narrow shoulders and torsos. Consequently, they look too small for the King Tiger---particularly the tank commander.
However, the figures for the Sherman are bigger with wider shoulders and wider torsos, so they appear to be more realistic. This morning I compared the Sherman figures with the King Tiger's and the extra width makes a difference with the Sherman figures looking more realistic.
I can't comment on the Wittman Tiger #007 because I don't have them displayed.
The one negative I have about the Sherman figures is that the flesh paint is too bright and gives them a toy-like appearance.
I have never seen any other complaints about the FOV King Tiger figures, but to me, they stick out like sore thumb.

Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rxrated » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:46 am

Just a question? What was the reason for 21st and Fov, to stop making 1/32 scale? Was it decrease in customers buying the product, the economy, big box stores would not sell the product anymore, price to make the items, or all the above. Just asking, because it seems at one time there was a lot of interest in this scale.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:21 am

21C went bankrupt basically, due in part to a deal with the devil, aka WalMart.

FOV apparently got scared by the change in the economy and pulled back on their release schedule and stopped making new vehicles. Buyers got tired of the same handful of tanks in different paint schemes coming out, especially when the extras became scarcer and weathering all but disappeared. People didn't rush out to buy what they already had and FOV kind of just ended. There is still plenty of old stock left though.

Rxrated
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rxrated » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:19 pm

It's really was too bad about 21st. They seem to be headed in the right direction. The last series of Marders were well done, and I am sure they would have come out with a few more items based on the Panzer 38t platform. They probably would have made some other panzers base on the panzer iv platform also, but I guess now we will never know. Thanks WalMart.
Fov they just seem to have given up. I guess they thought a cat and some bottles of wine would help sell more product. :lol: