1/35 Revell First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1/35 Revell First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter

Post by RAD 2112 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:19 am

I might have to pick one of these up.
Pre-painted snap together kit for ~$35...

Revell Star Wars Force Awakens Tie Fighter model kit review - Brad Hair
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/35 Revell First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:16 pm

I just built one of these. Easy kit, fun build and nice one doesn't really have to paint anything. Its also really detailed. 1/35 scale is great for the Star Wars fighters. I wound up gluing parts so they would stay in place, particularly the control columns in the cockpit. More sanding, puttying, and painting would turn it into a great model. Here's a couple photos of mine:

Cockpit interior detail:

I also built the Revell Snap kit of Poe's T-70 X-Wing. Again, it's a nice kit, but for some reason is not scale to the TIE Fighter, coming in at about 1/50 scale. This X-Wing is more to-scale with that other Revell TIE Fighter snaptite kit with the lights and sounds that's available at most major retailers for around $20. Here are some pics of my X-Wing model. Note that the figure is a custom job as the model doesn't come with a pilot.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."