Any decent Pearl Harbor pre built Zeroes? 1/72

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Any decent Pearl Harbor pre built Zeroes? 1/72

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:34 pm

There seems to be little around in the way of a prebuilt 1/72 Pearl Harbor Zero. The FOV looks bad, as does the Oxford (which isn't PH anyway). Corgi looks ok, but costs. Anything?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Any decent Pearl Harbor pre built Zeroes? 1/72

Post by Epap » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:01 am

Witty has made several Pearl Harbor Zeros, AF. They are very good, though the panel lines are to scale, hence very hard to see. I believe that all are "wheels-down" - only birds, however.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Dragonwings and Hasegawa both made fine examples of diecast A6m2 Zeros. People seem to forget about Dragon since they have been out of the diecast aircraft biz for so long.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Most of the Witty Zeroes have permanent wheels down, however three to four of the last releases in the "brown box" have u/c gear up or down. Usually you can spot them at retail in the $39 range and the old ones lower priced.

There is one grey Pearl Harbor A6M3 in there and one grey A6M2, but the latter is from the Junyo which was in the Aleutians I do believe.

I put mine side by side with a Skymax Val and the grey is exactly the same. The Dragon PH versions, Sakai etc. more of an off white.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:17 pm

thanks guys.......I didn't know about witty or dragon. And hasegawa is a surprise too. I'll check them all out.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:18 pm

aferguson wrote:thanks guys.......I didn't know about witty or dragon. And hasegawa is a surprise too. I'll check them all out.
I think Hasegawa only made a couple of Zeros and a couple of Mustangs before they quit making them.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 pm

I have one of the Hasegawa Zeros---not bad but very hard to find. Also, Corgi put out a Pearl Harbor zero from the carrier Hiryu ( blue fuselage bands ) which is, at best, fair but can be found on eBay from time to time. As for the Dragon Zeros, the toolings are quite good but the panel lines are darkened and there are gaps along the rear of the canopy on both sides to facilitate it being displayed in the "open" position. If that's how you like the model, it looks quite good---but if you show it with the canopy closed, the gaps are evident.