Hallmark Laird Super Solution 1/72

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Hallmark Laird Super Solution 1/72

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:52 pm

I just picked up a Hallmark Laird Super Solution. The wingspan was quoted as being 3.5 inches, so that makes it 1/72 scale.

It arrived today and it is actually 1/73 scale, as the wingspan is a hair below the 3.5 inches quoted by Hallmark but close enuf for me. It's a fairly small model but nicely done. I think it is all plastic. The only thing I don't like is that the canopy isn't clear, it's black. Otherwise a nice little model, even comes with rigging.

It's in the markings of Jimmy Doolittle when he won the 1931 Bendix trophy racing it. Makes a nice companion to the Maisto Gee Bee R, which is also 1/73 scale and also in the markings of the plane flown by, Jimmy Doolittle.

i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Hallmark Laird Super Solution 1/72

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:37 am

Aferg:

I have all the ornaments in this series and love them all. The first few years the planes were not that eye appealing but then they started doing racing planes and the popularity of the planes really grew.

There are now 16 planes in the series I think. This year's was a Waco Aristocrat biplane. They are really neat. I do a tree with just the planes on every year. The Super Solution, Gee Bees, Mr Mulligan and the Hughes H-1 were my favorites of the series. The Staggerwing is also very cool. They are neat because not many other companies have modeled these planes at all.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Hallmark Laird Super Solution 1/72

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 am

These were cool, after new years I (unfortunately) sold my collection of the Civil planes that hallmark made, really neat planes, can be pretty pricy in stores though.
In the local hallmark stores, I still see the Cessna 172.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it