anyone purchased from anticsonline.com before?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

anyone purchased from anticsonline.com before?

Post by aferguson » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:42 am

i placed an order with them yesterday and everything went ok. But today i get an invoice from them for more money for shipping...nearly double what i already paid. The item i purchased was fairly small and the shipping amount inititially charged on the website seemed reasonable, but now they expect me to pay double.

I thought this place was reputable, is this normal for them?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: anyone purchased from anticsonline.com before?

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:58 am

Sounds like antics to me. Just living up to their name, I guess?

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Antics online.co.uk? if the place you are talking about is in England, shipping will be a bit pricey. I regularly make purchases from the UK and they often need to alter shipping costs due to the size or weight of the item. Perhaps the initial shipping cost was for "in the UK"?...

Tom

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:33 am

krieglok wrote:Antics online.co.uk? if the place you are talking about is in England, shipping will be a bit pricey. I regularly make purchases from the UK and they often need to alter shipping costs due to the size or weight of the item. Perhaps the initial shipping cost was for "in the UK"?...

Tom
I agree.. If the item is small, ask them if they will ship it First Class which will greatly reduce the price. This is why I don't EVER buy from the UK or Europe. 99% of anything I want or need can either be found here or in Japan/China and shipping isn't too bad.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:54 am

Hello

Antics are my local brick and mortar store and they certainly aren't a rogue outfit.

Over the years I have bought numerous items from their stores, also off the website and their mobile stand at local air shows.

I know that being in the UK the way I trade with them is different from you, but all I can say is that I have never had any issues with them as a company.

I would guess that in your case - as already mentioned they are asking for true shipping cost for the item you require.

The only negative I can ever recall is that one of the shops is next to a take-away food outlet and that particular store often smells of curry..........!

Kev

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:20 am

But isn't tikka masala the national dish of the UK? It sounds like the smell would draw people in.

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:44 am

That's more of a Northern thing, in the South West, We live off Cornish pasties and cream tea.
Last things I bought from them were the 1/32 Revell Hunter, Mosquito and Beaufighter which they had on offer for about $18 each...worked for me...that was the smell of a bargain.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:58 am

well, they promptly refunded my money, after i told them i wasn't going to pay additional shipping. So no harm done, just hassle.

Strange way of doing business......i thought this stuff went out in the 1990's.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:30 am

Despite your less than desired outcome, I find that most UK based hobby dealers are top notch when it comes to customer service. I am glad they took care of your problem.

Tom

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:31 am

without question. I buy many things from the UK and the service has been sterling. That's why i was surprised by my experience with Antics, as i know them to be a very reputable dealer. But i think they are just antiquated, rather than malevolent.