So, who knows about this?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

So, who knows about this?

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Was trying to find a list of 21C's 1/6 scale stuff and happened across this guy's 1/32 site:

http://www.africa-orientale.talktalk.net/

When/did this get released? I've never seen a pic of it before. I want to say it is a repaint especially since it is in the same box as the plane above it on the site and also because the markings for this plane aren't correct - missing the id markings along the fuselage and there are large black portions on either side of the cockpit sweeping back from the exhausts.

One of those prototypes that keep popping up?

hworth18

Re: So, who knows about this?

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:32 am

I would say that is a poorly done repaint. At least 4 of the planes shown are repaints:

The Red Fw190A
The Chinese Zero
The White SkyCapt P-40 (1/18)?
The British Tbolt

(3) are 1/18 scale (2) P-40's and a P-51D

What is interesting is the 5-Star P-47 Tbolt. I have never seen that one and is quite possibly a prototype.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:37 pm

hworth18 wrote:I would say that is a poorly done repaint. At least 4 of the planes shown are repaints:

The Red Fw190A
The Chinese Zero
The White SkyCapt P-40 (1/18)?
The British Tbolt

(3) are 1/18 scale (2) P-40's and a P-51D

What is interesting is the 5-Star P-47 Tbolt. I have never seen that one and is quite possibly a prototype.
Which one are you calling 5 star? The Tarheel Hal? I had all of those P-47's except the obvious repaints.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:35 pm

He's talking about the above Snortin' Bull, which is the one above Tarheel.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:28 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:He's talking about the above Snortin' Bull, which is the one above Tarheel.
Ok, I had that one.

Ray

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:34 pm

rmoore456 wrote:
[CAT]CplSlade wrote:He's talking about the above Snortin' Bull, which is the one above Tarheel.
Ok, I had that one.

Ray
But did you have that P-47 in that boxing?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

How bizarre...

Post by c44 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 pm

There's a couple of other peculiarities on his site, look under the tank and vehicle listings:

> 1/32 Marines (with, strangely, "german infantry" printed on the backing to the blister pack)...never knew they existed, this is WTF of the week for me :) ...

> British paras painted well (I recently picked up a set of these, but the uniforms were not camo and the beret was not red)

> Gray Jagdtiger in flakpanzer box---with treads painted hull color!

> 6 Japanese Infantry (plus 3 Americans) in one box...owner's handiwork, or real release? Never saw that before, either...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 pm

That makes it all the more peculiar. Why go to the trouble of making a web site dedicated to a line of toys and propose to make a list of releases -- and then make up a bunch of stuff? Lot of work to be crazy in such an obscure way.

The Marines are in the same box that German Series 5 comes in, and the "U.S. Marines/Series 1" labels look stuck on. More unreleased stuff in an improvised display box that never made it to the shelves?

Who wants to contact this dude and ask "whazzuppppppppppppppp"?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:33 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:That makes it all the more peculiar. Why go to the trouble of making a web site dedicated to a line of toys and propose to make a list of releases -- and then make up a bunch of stuff? Lot of work to be crazy in such an obscure way.

The Marines are in the same box that German Series 5 comes in, and the "U.S. Marines/Series 1" labels look stuck on. More unreleased stuff in an improvised display box that never made it to the shelves?

Who wants to contact this dude and ask "whazzuppppppppppppppp"?
I wonder if he is an Ebay buyer that buys this stuff thinking they are legit issues?
There is also an unpainted Jagdtiger in a flakpanzer mobelwagen box?
-Howard Stark

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Jagdtiger in flakpanzer mobelwagen box

Post by c44 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 am

About 32 items down...I don't think it's unpainted, it looks like the whole model was spray-painted. If so, it was a gross error in judgement... :D
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...