Great Deal on Hobby Master Harvard

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Great Deal on Hobby Master Harvard

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:32 am

For anyone interested in a 1/72 RCAF Harvard by Hobby Master, Hobby Link Japan has them on sale for about $19US. Looks like only a small number left; sale ends July 31. Other good deals too.

https://www.hlj.com/product/HBM40158/Air
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Great Deal on Hobby Master Harvard

Post by snake » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Actually have this one already, and it's a good little model.

Perfect for a Canadian theme, and for only $19, a great deal.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:35 am

Snake, do you have the Gemini CF-18 Tiger Meet? I've read reviews and it got pretty much trashed, but that's the norm for Witty/Gemini stuff. I have several Witty and Gemini models that got trashed and quite like them, including the Tomcat and Tornado F3.

I can see that the nose/canopy shape is a bit off on the CF-18 but pictures can be misleading and make things look worse. Wondering what it looks like in person, if you have it.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

snake

Post by snake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Aferg, I don't have the CF-18 Tiger meet.

Only have a few Gemini Aces, and Witty's, and know that they do get trashed a little bit, especially the Witty's. But WW did give us some aircraft that were pretty decent, and a good option.

Couple of Gemini Aces Phantoms, a RAF version, and a Royal Navy version. Think they are pretty much as good as HM, and like them.

I went for Dragon for the most part in the F-15, F-16, and F-18's. Decent models, although the Strike Eagle does have issues. But could be had for cheap a few years ago { like $20-$40 }, and happy enough with them.

The HM versions are significantly more expensive, and haven't bothered to get one yet, bar two of the CF-18's.