WINGS OF THE GREAT WAR ARMOR COLLECTION

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

WINGS OF THE GREAT WAR ARMOR COLLECTION

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 am

just received this info Wings of the great war to start an armor collection. The first plane releases were ok they got much better with 2nd batch of planes. I hope these come in looking as good as the second batch of planes.

World War I, a time when battle tank manufacturing was in its absolute infancy, offers us but a glimpse of the powerful, versatile, and lethal armored vehicle technology that would rapidly progress before the outbreak of World War II. These early-era tanks, to our modern sensibility, are fascinating in their simplicity though they offered soldiers of the time an opportunity to travel at higher speeds, traverse difficult landscape, and be equipped with dynamic and mobile weaponry.

The Mark IV tank – first seeing combat duty in 1917 – was the most popular British tank of World War I with more than 1,200 units being produced. It benefited greatly from its Mark variant predecessors (some of the first tanks ever manufactured), and was a clear improvement in armor, fuel-tank placement, and overall ease of transport.

The stocky, German-built A7V tank was manufactured in response to the British tanks first appearing on the Western Front in 1916. Designs for the A7V began that year though it did not see combat until March of 1918. It was the only German tank to see operational service during the Great War and only twenty units were produced.

Each exciting 1/72 scale, molded-resin replica features accurate weaponry, realistic tracking, authentic World War I markings, and a removable presentation stand.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: WINGS OF THE GREAT WAR ARMOR COLLECTION

Post by cjg476 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 pm

This is exciting Bob. Cant wait.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

jkinzel

Post by jkinzel » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:40 pm

:cry: 1/72 is NOT exciting 1/32 would be exciting

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm

I am with you j. A new manufacturer of 1/32 products would be very welcome.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:15 pm

I feel for you guys, I really do. I hated having to let go of 1/32 - being too anal about scale issues to mix worlds - because believe you me there is much to be said about the immediate satisfaction you get from being about to unbox it and display it right then, whereas I have been in a long, drawn-out process of gradual unboxing and displaying. This is partly due to having too much time on my hands during a bad winter we had the end of 2013 and I ended up building about 3 dozen kits at once because they were mostly Tamiyas which build like magic (And that's how they trick you!) with only the non-Japanese stuff being PITA's and I built families of vehicles (Panzer IV AA variants, SdKfz 234 series, Pz 38 platform crap, a bunch of Volkswagens,...) with an assembly mind mentality. Anyhoo, I kind of overwhelmed myself with some of it as Pz IV roadwheels can be a nightmare of tedium if you are doing seven of the damn things in a row, which may have made sense to do if I was Henry Ford, but he had a factory of workers doing it for him and I had just me to do it. And anyone who understands what I mean by the first release of the Nashorn by Dragon knows that sums up another difference between 1/32 and 1/35 track for the most part. But, eventually I believe I will get this crap built and all the stuff piling up in my stash as my philosophy regarding all of it has finally gelled and I know what I want from a kit now. No more 3 dozen at a time, definitely.

So, for you 1/32 faithful I encourage this: If you're not able for whatever reason to build kits (How few there are in 1/32 to begin with!) you might considering sprucing up what pieces you do have as a way to kind of get a "new" vehicle now and again. Sort of when a young girl buys Barbie a new set of clothes. Sure, it's the same vapid faced chick but she's wearing purple pants and a GREEN sweater this time, Dad! There are many tips online for making stowage and such so if you haven't already given it a shot, try it. It's just tissue paper, white glue, water, and acrylic craft paint. All dirt cheap at a Michael's or Hobby Lobby or what passes for it in your neighborhood. If you screw up royally and give up, give the stuff to a child to play with and you've really lost nothing but some time. Since you are not directly altering your vehicle, it doesn't matter if you make a mistake as you haven't attached the item yet (Other than for pre-painting shaping and such). Lately I have been collecting spent large wooden matches as the unburnt portions seem to be roughly even to a 2x4 if you cut them right, and as they are real wood they will take a stain nicely and look hella authentic. Seriously, what's better than wood - than wood? My next project is to attempt some German aerial recognition flags to have on hand for future builds - but it requires an airbrush so you'd need to do a search on the non-ab versions as those of you uncomfortable using an airbrush - which if I were to guess would also be those not in a position to be building a model in the first place - will find the link pointless and possibly frustrating. Baggage, tent rolls, etc., all of it is easy to do and can breathe new life into all your 21C and FOV (Especially the later unweathered stuff!) pieces.

Try a diorama! If you were able to make a volcano in grade school surely you can make a freaking dirt road with one tree as a grown man, right? Or ask your kid to do it? C'mon!

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:38 am

1/72 is exciting.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:22 am

they have arrived and I really like them. They are very heavy over a pound each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-72-WINGS-OF-G ... 1839309091?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/151839313032?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa