First pic of AF-1 Hawkeye

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: First pic of AF-1 Hawkeye

Post by aferguson » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 am

Even more amazing about this error is that the earlier pics of the plane, posted by HM also had the lettering on the top of the disc. Not only did none of the experts or picky people at the Yuku forum spot the error, they in fact CORRECTED THE SPELLING on the lettering....lol. Astounding. I wonder had i bothered to look at the pre pro pics if i would have noticed it or would i just have been surprised by it but assumed it was correct, like everyone else.

The model has now finished production, so there's no correcting it. WoW.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:17 am

That is both truly sad and hilarious.

Someone is going to get fired.

snake

Post by snake » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Yeah, it is a big screw up, very noticeable { once pointed out }, and will affect sales.

But nobody picked it up, partly because how many images of the top of this particular radar dish are there ?

Like everybody else, just assumed the lettering was supposed to be there.

Thought it was a little strange, but at the same time, an easy enough error to make.

Not making excuses, but it certainly isn't like it says " Hasegawa", or "Authentic decals" on it.

Bit of an embarrassment for HM, but again, without actual pics of the top of the dish, can see how it happened. And nobody picked up on it. :oops:

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Apparently the snafu with the radome has been caught and corrected. I guess they just made a run of corrected radomes and replaced them before shipping them?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:35 pm

yes pretty much Someone from the Yuku forum advised HM of their goof and they printed up 2000 new discs and are sending them to retailers. Retailers will then send them out along with the models so everyone should end up with 2 discs.....the one with lettering and the one without. Apparently they easily snap in place.

I have the AF1 Hawkeye and it's disc does not rotate nor does it come off easily so it's a good thing they didn't make this kind of a goof. It's a nice model btw, though i have no doubt the HM is better.

snake

Post by snake » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Another good example of customer service from HM.

True, a big screw up, but they corrected it quickly, and have nothing but good things to say about their customer service end of things.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 am

I picked up the new Hobby Master E-2C Hawkeye yesterday at a local hobby store. The plane was apparently released last week. Overall it's a very nice model and certainly the largest plane HM has yet done in 1:72 scale. Due to the way the plane was packaged, you have to assemble the radome and it doesn't come pre-attached. The radome has the correct spiral design and thankfully the lettering was left off. While the flag detailing is gaudy, in person it's not too bad, so I'll live with it :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:48 pm

just a quick note to anyone thinking about getting the AF1 Hawkeye. The radome on it comes pre attached and does not rotate, whereas the HM radome does rotate. So if that's of any concern, be advised.