Any 1/72-ish Navy Seal Zodiac type boats?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Any 1/72-ish Navy Seal Zodiac type boats?

Post by aferguson » Fri May 22, 2015 4:19 am

Are there any figure kits in 1/72-1/76 that have a Navy Seal like zodiac rubber boat in them? Or any source at all for a boat like this in 1/72? I need one for a special forces water diorama i'm doing.

Something like this or a bit bigger:

http://fusible.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... y-seal.jpg

thanks for any help.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Any 1/72-ish Navy Seal Zodiac type boats?

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 25, 2015 7:37 pm

There is the old Galoob Battle Squads Combat Pack #3 from the late 1990s that came with a Navy RIB and a couple SEAL figures.

Here's a link to what the Battle Pack looked like: http://figure-archive.net/item.aspx?itemID=71463

Figured this might work for a 1:72 boat as well. My brother had this set a long time ago and is probably still in my parent's attic... You can occasionally find this on eBay, but it will usually go for a bit more than the $8-$10 it originally cost in the late 1990s.

Battle Squads offered somewhat realistic military figures in Galoob's "Action Fleet" scale, which was about 1:64. Not as great quality and accuracy as we're used to today. Most of the tanks were scaled too big and the planes scaled too small. The best items in terms of accuracy and proper scale were a few of the jeeps, the WWII fighter planes, and the C-130. Still have the C-130 and a few of the modern and WWII planes. In the pre-21c world, getting anything military that approached being realistic was awesome.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon May 25, 2015 8:07 pm

thanks Tman....those might work.

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:20 am

Revell 1/72 Cousteau's Calypso PBY Catalina

Images from google search:

Had this kit back in the early 80s and may still have the Zodiac somewhere minus the outboard if, I can find you can have it.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:49 am

Surprisingly I found it in the first place I looked, its been sitting in the bottom of the spares box for 30 some years, the boat was never painted and the plastic is showing signs of deterioration through age and exposure to other plastics, but is more or less in good nick.

Again it's yours if you want it.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:02 am

that's pretty nifty. Thanks for the offer, but i was able to find something. Appreciate it though. :)

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Tman:

Those Battle Squads things were great in their day. I had all of them at one time or another.

I don't think they ever really caught on in the retail market though. I remember them only lasting maybe a year or two and they were done. I got many of the sets through the Galoob fan club long after they had been discontinued in stores, an indication they couldn't sell them.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:38 pm

The Galoob stuff was great for what it was - especially since there really hadn't been any realistic WWII or modern planes outside of kit-form at that point. I had a lot of the aircraft and some of the smaller vehicles, a lot of which I also ordered through the Galoob Fan Club as well as picked up at discount at Big Lots. Never really got into the armor. When I now look at the planes (and especially the tanks) they seem really toyish and inaccurate, but at the time, they were great and foreshadowed all the neat stuff we got during the "Golden Age" of realistic military toys that came just a couple years after Galoob went under.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."