I've never seen this before. Another dying effort of 21st...

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

I've never seen this before. Another dying effort of 21st...

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:31 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Soldie ... 5b06bc64a7

Looks to be a "kit" version of their 1/32 hanomag. I guess in the end they were looking to get as much product out the door with as little factory work (assembly) as possible.

-Kevin

ledhead0085
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: I've never seen this before. Another dying effort of 21s

Post by ledhead0085 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm

from my understanding that was an example for marketing. never released like that as you can see it didn't even have the art on the box yet

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Yeah, that is implied from the appearance of the box, and the fact that the seller said it was from a marketing rep. What I was getting at was that towards the end there 21st was really grasping at any way to get their product out the door. My guess is that this may have been the next series of Wal-Mart's Motorworks kits; that is before Wal-Mart decided to wash their hands of them and essentially put the final nail in the coffin of 21st Century Toys.

-Kevin

Fitzy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Fitzy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 am

I don't know if this was a end of the line item, or a beginning item. Both of the items are early. I also see a item number on the top right hand of the box. Maybe this was a presentation for the Big Box stores, to show what the company was making.
I have seen Walmart put items with this type of box in their sale items section. Like the seller said this was from a Sales Rep for 21st, so it could have been a promo item. I don't know, but it's just another 21st mystery. I know there was someone that was on the forum, that work or was associated with 21st. Maybe they would know. I wish they were back, or someone was working to get them started up again. I bought the Panzer III, so I will let you know if there is anything strange about it.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Go figure...

Post by c44 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:01 am

The fact that figures are included seems to indicate it was probably a mid-period production ---the first release included three figures, including a driver; IIRC, the last release (included as part of the Iron Horse package, paired with an SdKfz 222 armored car) included no figures at all...
but that's just a bit of Sherlock-style speculation... :wink:
BTW, even though you had to look hard to find him where he sat behind the wheel, I was disappointed when the second round of releases omitted the driver...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...