Gaincorp F15C vs HM F15C

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Gaincorp F15C vs HM F15C

Post by cnq » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 am

I have a Gaincorp F15C that I purchased back in 2005. Just wondering how it is compare to the newer HM F15C in terms of detail & accuracy ? Below are some pics of the model. Thanks for any comments.

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Gaincorp F15C vs HM F15C

Post by snake » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 pm

The Gaincorp F-15 isn't bad, but an old mold.

Don't have a HM Eagle yet, as waiting for the right scheme in both the Strike Eagle, and F-15C, mostly due to the $100 price tag, plus shipping. Happy enough with my Dragon's,at least for the C version, for now.

Know the HM version will be significantly better than the Gaincorp, and Dragon, but are you willing to for out the $100, cnq?

Probably, but you will most likely be selective.

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:26 pm

snake wrote:The Gaincorp F-15 isn't bad, but an old mold.

Don't have a HM Eagle yet, as waiting for the right scheme in both the Strike Eagle, and F-15C, mostly due to the $100 price tag, plus shipping. Happy enough with my Dragon's,at least for the C version, for now.

Know the HM version will be significantly better than the Gaincorp, and Dragon, but are you willing to for out the $100, cnq?

Thanks snake. Indeed the HM F15 looks good. If they come out with the Israel F15 camo version I would get it.

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:57 pm

cnq wrote:
snake wrote:The Gaincorp F-15 isn't bad, but an old mold.

Thanks snake. Indeed the HM F15 looks good. If they come out with the Israel F15 camo version I would get it.
Just checked the Flying mule and HM does make the F15 IDF so I will probably get this one. The camo looks awesome.

snake

Post by snake » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:20 pm

cnq wrote:
cnq wrote:
Just checked the Flying mule and HM does make the F15 IDF so I will probably get this one. The camo looks awesome.

It does look good, but personally I don't like the weapons load. An important factor with a Strike Eagle, in my opinion. Almost pulled the trigger, but those large "Popeye's" just looked so wrong, at least to me.

And if you want to check out HM line, cnq, you really should go to their "unofficial" website.

http://hobbymastercollector.com/allHobb ... craft.html

All their models are there, along with great pics. Really lets you know what you would be getting.

Think that IDF Eagle would look great, so go get it, cnq 8)