Corgi Catalogue first half of 2015 up

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Corgi Catalogue first half of 2015 up

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:11 am

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/corgi-m1#t31:page1

Both the Sunderland and a new Do-17Z (battle of britain) due out by June.

Also of interest a new Blenheim IV and Boulton Paul Defiant of 264 sqn.....although the Defiant is a whopping 38 pounds.....very expensive for a plane the size of a Hurricane. I may well pass on it and settle for the eventual Oxford release.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Corgi Catalogue first half of 2015 up

Post by Epap » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:24 pm

I understand that they also announced a new P-51D tooling.

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:29 pm

The Do-17 is a model of the one recently raised from the channel and the Defiant is one of the aircraft that intercepted it. The Hurricane is a new tooling done with CAD so I'm hoping it's nicely dtailed and can compete with the larger releases from Hobbymaster. At least as good as a 1:72 HM. There is also a new P-51-D in the CAT now. Said to be a new tooling because of the serial number. :?:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:36 pm

apparently Corgi is on pretty shakey footing, financially. I hope they can keep it going. Despite little debacles like the Vulcan colour, they still make some great subject matter and losing them would be a big blow to this hobby, as i doubt anyone would want to jump in and fill their shoes.

A BoB era Do-17z is very welcome as the previous corgi releases are hard to find and expensive as h-e-double hockey sticks.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Yeah that would be a blow especially for four engine heavies. I dont see anyone wanting to make any but Corgi. Who is in the 1:72 WWII fighter game now except them. Every company who made mid to higher end models is either belly up, or they don't make them anymore.
So somewhat pleased to see two new fighter toolings. Hope they turn out decent.

The BoB Dornier is hard to find so probably a good choice to release another. I got the original a while back before they disappeared. Recently got the winter version as it's right on the verge of being unavailable.

Would have rather had a BoB Ju-88 which the original goes for close to $300, but probably not chosen because of the upcoming torpedo bomber.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:02 pm

The loss of Corgi would be a terrible blow! Corgi is an old company, having been around for decades making diecast cars & busses before they got into the military stuff. I want to say they were one of the first companies producing collector-grade military models in 1:72 scale. Certainly they were doing that long before Dragon, Witty, Hobby Master, etc. would hate to see them go, really hate it.

That said, the Sunderland Flying Boat is really impressive. I'd love to get one, especially as I've climbed through the one at the RAF Museum in London. It's a massive plane! Also like the BOB Do-17 and Blenheim Mk. IV. I'd be real tempted to get both!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Looking forward to the DO-17 and I'd like to have the Sunderland, but that looks like it's going to be $$$$, but I guess we'll see.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:26 pm

i'm actually surprised that the Sunderland doesn't cost more. It's only a bit more than the Stirlings that came out last year and i expected it to be nearly the same as the Vulcan as bulk-wise it's about the same size. But fortunately it's a lot less than the Vulcan.

It's probably going to be virtually all plastic, so brace yourself if that's the kind of thing that bothers you. Doesn't bother me in the slightest........going with mostly plastic is the only way we're going to see larger planes get the pre-built treatment.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:34 am

I imagine the fuselage would be mostly metal with a seam near the bottom of it to make the Mk II hull.
Could be wrong but that would be the logical thing to do as there aren't many Mk III Sunderlands that aren't typical white undersides. This would open up more possibilities with color schemes. Few more mods like the blisters instead of the dorsal turret.
Who knows how much plastic content though but I wouldn't expect it to be like the Vulcan because of it's wing area probably required it.

The factory pics show the bomb hatch on the fuselage under the wing. The hatch opens and a bomb rack slides out. 8)

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/new-for-201 ... -1943.html

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:43 pm

the hatch is neat......didn't notice that before. :)

i will have a bit of a dilema.....i don't really want to buy more than one of these, and the Australian version is great with a great history......but there is a very famous RCAF version that is bound to be made too, one day. I don't see that i will be able to wait for it though.

snake

Post by snake » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Corgi/ Hornby make much more diecast than just aircraft, and their history does go back quite a way.

Even if they were on shaky financial footing, think they would simply consolidate into what diecast do the best for them. Aircraft may or may not be included.

Would be a huge shame to lose them, and definitely a major blow for the hobby, as they do some unique and special models, with the four engined heavies, and twin mediums being at the forefront. And their 1/72 fighter range is quite vast as well.

Other than the fabulous Sunderland, not much in there for me. Combination of not doing 1/72 single engined prop fighters, and already having a Blenheim, Do 17 etc. But these are good for collectors who may have missed the other previous releases.

Regardless, the Sunderland more than makes up any short comings for me in this Corgi catalogue. 8)