Good diecast aircraft forums?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Good diecast aircraft forums?

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:58 pm

There's a european one that i'm not even sure is still around. You have to register to even view the forum, let alone post on it. Can't be bothered....not sure exactly what the game plan is there.....more views means more advertising revenue.

There's DAC.....it's ok i guess but spotty responses; not a great deal of good information in my opinion.

And then there's Yuku, which i did register for a few months ago. But in spite of that i still can't start new threads, all i can do is quick replies to existing threads. :roll: And the site has a gazillion ads on it, most of which freeze my browser. Plus every other visit my anti-virus has to quarantine some trojan virus and perform a virus scan of my hard drive. Not interested in paying to get rid of the ads.

So.......are there any good diecast aircraft forums i don't know about?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Good diecast aircraft forums?

Post by Dauntless » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Besides this one? The old faithful? :lol:

Only other one I know of is the Model Aircraft Forum Circle.

http://tmwcf.forumcircle.com/portal.php

However, it is limited to aircraft in service right up to 1970 I do believe.

Former and current members (and moderators) of the Yuku site who formed a little more low key situation.
Obviously to find an alternative to all the frenzy new diecast and modern aircraft creates it seems.
I like it because I don't collect modern aircraft too much. Gets slow but I guess they like it that way.
Easy to use, post pics and edit posts etc., like here.

Been there almost two years.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Earl said it. I stopped going to DAC because of the pop ups. I pay for the yuku but wont anymore when it runs out. I'm also a member of the exclusive euro-daf but not much going on there.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:25 pm

The Diecast Aviation Forum
http://forums.diecast-aviation.eu/index.php

The Diecast Hanger Pub

http://tdhp.fr.yuku.com/
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:27 pm

those are two of the forums i mentioned in my first post. I couldn't think of the proper names for them. The eu forum wont even let you read posts unless you are a member. I just couldn't be bothered to sign up......i actually thought they closed down as i didn't find links to their threads anymore when i do google searches.

the second is the yuku forum i mentioned that keeps setting off my anti virus. I find it the most useful of the 3 forums but not worth paying for.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 pm

There are so many pop ups and adds at TDHP it's a little discombobulating.
The price of doing business I guess. Pretty much have to go there for up to the minute die cast aircraft news from all the makers though, but I don't hang out there enough to justify paying for adds not to interfere with the experience.

Used to lurk at the Euro site, but can't do that anymore as they've shut it off to all but members.

Never really checked out the DAC. I thought it was for mostly airliners.

This site has potential to branch off into other things, and we have discussed much die cast over the years, but it seems most here are originally 21st Century Toys guys that ran out of things to buy so we branched out. :lol:

All good though.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:28 am

aferguson wrote:those are two of the forums i mentioned in my first post. I couldn't think of the proper names for them. The eu forum wont even let you read posts unless you are a member. I just couldn't be bothered to sign up......i actually thought they closed down as i didn't find links to their threads anymore when i do google searches.

the second is the yuku forum i mentioned that keeps setting off my anti virus. I find it the most useful of the 3 forums but not worth paying for.
Those are the only two that I am a member of, I don't know why the Hanger Pub sets off your anti virus, maybe you have it set too sensitive? The UK forum is worth joining if you can, it's mostly Brits but most of them have been on the diecast scene since day 1 and know quite a bit.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:58 am

Hanger Pub has changed recently. They have a LOT more ads now, some right in your grill, making it harder to read posts due to an overlap of the ad. It is when they brought in this new wave of ads that the anti virus problems started.

Ads are not overseen by the site, they are simply allowed, the advertiser simply dumps whatever they want onto the site, pretty much, so the viruses are coming in piggy-backed on the ads. Hanger Pub could actually be opening themselves to law suits because of this but that's their problem.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 am

The Diecast Avaition Forum ( DAF ) is the EU or UK forum referred to, above. It's very UK-centered and strongly oriented to the 1:72nd scale and WW2, however it's one of my favorites as there are quite a few very savvy members there who often supply extremely valuable insights. Another plus---no ads. The DAF is currently very hard to join as there have been problems with false memberships and other stuff that I prefer to stay away from. If you pm Shuttle on the DHP ( Yuku ) he should be able to tell you how to join. I recommend the DAF, heartily.

snake

Post by snake » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:58 am

Not sure of your problem aferg, or others with ads on DHP.

I run regular anti virus, ad block etc, and although I see a line for an ad, there is just a small, blank space. Not an issue, at least for me.

All four sites mentioned have their positives, including this one.

Think it is a matter of personal preference, and collecting interests.

Surprised DAF has become almost members only, and very surprised aferg that you are unable to make new posts on DHP. You should be good to go.

This was the first forum I ever joined, and glad that it is still going, and has branched into other aspects of the diecast hobby. :D