1/144 Glenco Models Martin China Clipper in War Paint

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/144 Glenco Models Martin China Clipper in War Paint

Post by JollyRoger » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:53 pm

I love flying boats and sea planes. Here is a Glenco Models Martin China Clipper in WWII Navy colors. I put the spinning props on one side and the stopped props on the other just to show what each configuration would look like. I added some MV Products light lens's in the wings, nose and wing tips and put the colors on with an air brush.

Here is an F-TOYS that I put in WWII colors, I might have posted this one before.

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/144 Glenco Models Martin China Clipper in War Paint

Post by Dauntless » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Nice work JR.

That's got to be a big model. Got a soft spot for the flying boats and floatplanes too. Have every one of the diecast now except for the grey Italian floatplane.

I thought about getting one of the F-Toys Goose and changing it to a WWII, or Pre-war. How did you do the props on it? They do spin if you blow on them sometimes. It looks different than the Clipper spinning props.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks Dauntless
The flying boat has clear acetate disc's, they might have been cut out of the top of a shirt box, the Goose has "Prop Blurs". They are from a company of the same name that produces the photo etched pieces from 1/144 scale to 1/32.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:11 am

Prop Blurs huh, I like them.

Found the F-Toys Grumman Goose on Ebay for a reasonable price from a Hong Kong seller, though it's the post war version.

My Altaya USN Martin Mariner, though I like how you blurred the two blues together on the Clipper instead of a solid line separating them, did you use an airbrush?

Interesting while looking at JU-52's Eduard Models made a nice one with floats, you can also buy the regular land version that has extra skiis. I was hoping someone would make a 1:144 pre-built version of it like Hobby Master. Maybe buy the kit and attach to an HM, but then again may as well build a kit if I'm going to go that far.

This guy built a nice diorama with one, he describes how he made the transparent water for it and the supplies needed. Very real looking, one could do this for any floatplane model. 8)

http://www.rlm.at/cont/gal21_e.htm
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

JollyRoger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JollyRoger » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:40 pm

The feathered edge was achieved by painting the model with an airbrush. The Goose was painted with a brush, therefor the hard lines in between the colors. ( I couldn't take the airbrush out for such a small model).
Thanks for the water diorama link. I always wanted to do something similar I think it looks so cool.