Easy Model Sturmoviks are out

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Easy Model Sturmoviks are out

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am

Have only seen pics but they look pretty decent. Some are on Ebay now. The only sour point is the underwing cannon, which were rarely used and only in the later stages of the war. The models don't come with the wing mounted cannon which were on virtually all IL2m3's but it's not too hard of a mod i guess.

Prices of Easy Models are creeping up...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Easy Model Sturmoviks are out

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm looking more forward to these...
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 pm

I don't have a Sturmovik. Thought about buying an Altaya, but I try to avoid them lately because of the black lines.
Have to check one out, thanks.

Looks like some cool ones coming down the pike there.
After checking the recent closeups of the AF1 Black Widow on another site :? , think I might have to opt for the Easy model now.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:32 pm

i wouldn't write off the AF1 Widow just yet Dauntless. I've seen the pics on Yuku and think the criticism is way overdone. It's not perfect and it's not quite HM quality but it's still a nice model, imo.

The undercarriage issues don't bother me as i will have it wheels up and i think the colours are fine...the red looks like red, not pink...it's maybe a bit too bright but it looks sharp and could easily be dulled a bit with some weathering. The only thing i'm not crazy about are the cowl flaps.

Rivet size issues and subtle mis matches of colour between plastic and painted parts are really nit picky.....some people just like to find flaws. And some of those pics are hugely magnified.......you'll never be able to see the issues they show in real life, without using a magnifying glass.

I think it will be leagues ahead of Easy Model's offering....EM are usually ok models but generally have colour/accuracy/quality issues.

btw......i really like that EM is doing a Mig 17 :)

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 pm

I agree with you Aferg. I think their is to much hating going on. Its a nice looking model.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 am

yes.......that thread seems to bet littered with the 'Shallow Hals' of the diecast collecting world. :lol:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:57 am

Yeah, including me. :lol: It really doesn't look that bad. The cowl flaps bug though. Surprising and unnecessary.

I hope they don't do that on the announced B-17, though that's expected to be a 1:48 Franklin Mint re-release, which in itself is a dubious and doubtful thing. Hopefully a new 1:72 instead.

If I worried about every little thing though there wouldn't be any new 1:72 WWII die cast stuff to buy as there isn't much these days.

Saw that Sturmovik on ebay, like to see a bigger pic of it, and or some other liveries.
The two seater Mig is up for sale as well.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 am

it's interesting.....all the comparisons and hype are usually with Hobby Master models on the Yuku board. But there is not one HM offering that i can't pick all kinds of holes in, if i wanted to. From wrong colours to wrong marking placement to missing details etc etc. Yet HM is usually given a lot of slack and any other manufacturer is held to HM standards, when HM models often have similar flaws to the model under scrutiny.

I've noticed the same thing with Corgi-philes......nothing is as good as a Corgi, even though Corgi often doesn't quite nail a model.

A new 1/72 B-17 would be greatly appreciated :fingers-crossed:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

You noticed too huh?

Yeah seems at least each forum site has it's own heavy influence for a certain brand (except this one)

In short it's reasonable to assume some who comment have a vested interest in their brands selling and others shot down I gather.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 am

To be fair, aside from a few members of each forum who have taken their disputes to the personal level, the nature of the membership and manufacturer product selections are critical factors in determining whatever "bias" exists in favor of one manufacturer over another. The DAF is mostly a UK forum; the DHP is mostly an American forum. So, naturally, many at the DAF bristle at critiques of Corgi coming from perceived fans of HM while the reverse is the case on the DHP. Just consider what would happen if Corgi suddenly dropped British subjects almost entirely and started turning out heaps of 1:72nd scale as well as larger U.S. stuff, including modern jets. And what would happen if HM went in big for UK models, especially in the 1:72nd scale with a primary focus on WW2-----but abandoned jets and the 1:48th scale entirely. I'd bet that after a while, assuming no gigantic screw ups in production, quality control, etc and fair pricing, that the DAF would become a happy place for HM buffs while Corgi would rule the roost on the DHP.