WOW......Haunebu II German flying saucer model kit!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

WOW......Haunebu II German flying saucer model kit!

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:16 pm

i just found this cool model kit by Wave. It's a 1/48 model of an Adamski UFO.....Adamski being a famous UFO hunter who took all kinds of pictures of them.

Anyway, the model looks exactly like one of the German Haunebu II flying disc designs.....except for the little pip on top it's perfect. The Haunebu saucers were supposed to have been able to fly by repelling gravity using extremely charged and powerful electric fields. The saucers were supposedly built during the war but the war ended before production began. Sizes for the saucers are all over the map and many estimates are absurd.

Of course this is all ballderdash but it is well established ballderdash and very fun. The Wave model is about 8 inches across, which would make it almost 48 feet in 1/72 scale.......a reasonable size. With a cool paint scheme and german markings, this thing could be a very neat addition to the collection.

http://www.hlj.com/product/wavhh-41

By the way, it is a scientific fact that extremely powerful electric fields can be used to repel gravity and make things fly. A scientist during the 50's proved this using one foot diameter metal discs.....he was able to make them fly and move very quickly and be very agile in the air. However, nothing any larger than these small discs was ever able to be flown successfully.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: WOW......Haunebu II German flying saucer model kit!

Post by plasticgeneral » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:36 pm

If they would have done it in 1:32 or even 1:35 for that matter, it would be MINE!
As an extra include a Hitler figure and crew.

Plastic General

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:09 pm

It's also very similar to the alien vessel used in "The Invaders" which does have injected kits available, although I don't know the scale offhand. Aurora made a small one back in the day, so I imagine a company like Polar Lights makes one now.

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Very cool Andrew......it just needs to be a little bigger, 1:18 :D .

Its a nice looking model, while checking out Haunebu images I found this site... http://www.modelismoaviones.com/blog/haunebu-ii/ 1:60 scale ?

Cool little diorama!

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

NURDS, This is OLD NEWS!!!!

I propose 1:6th Scale!!!!!

Plastic General