My $8 1:72 Me163S

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Post Reply
cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

My $8 1:72 Me163S

Post by cnq » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:41 am

Low budget ww2 fighter from Academy. Hope you like her

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General
Posts: 3544
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Villa Rica, GA

Re: My $8 1:72 Me163S

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 am

Here's the same kit done by a crazy person using Eduard PE and scratchbuilding:
Image
Image

I had heard that Academy kits could be a bit janky but I guess with the right skills they can't be brought up to snuff. Yours looks as good as my Hasegawa 1/32 version.

Wish mine had come with the hauler.

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: My $8 1:72 Me163S

Post by cnq » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:Here's the same kit done by a crazy person using Eduard PE and scratchbuilding:
Image
Image

I had heard that Academy kits could be a bit janky but I guess with the right skills they can't be brought up to snuff. Yours looks as good as my Hasegawa 1/32 version.

Wish mine had come with the hauler.

Fantastic build of this kit. I wish I had the talent to scratch build something like that.

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General
Posts: 3544
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Villa Rica, GA

Re: My $8 1:72 Me163S

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Apparently the Eduard PE set has more pieces than the model itself - some smaller than a match head!

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:32 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: My $8 1:72 Me163S

Post by cnq » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:12 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:Apparently the Eduard PE set has more pieces than the model itself - some smaller than a match head!
1:72 scale is small for PE parts. I might build this plane in 1:48 in future as it is one of my favourite ww2 jets.

Ara
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 7:02 am
Location: USA

Re: My $8 1:72 Me163S

Post by Ara » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:55 am

cnq wrote:
Fantastic build of this kit. I wish I had the talent to scratch build something like that.

I like yours better. I think the next time you do a budget kit, invest a bit in aftermarket decals.

You did a great job!
www.TheLiterateShow.com

Post Reply