Walmart Find

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
ketelone
Officer - Brigadier General

Walmart Find

Post by ketelone » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:39 pm

On Monday I checked the Clearance Aisle out of habit and saw those (relatively new 1/48 offerings) planes Wings of Glory or something like that. They were $9.99 a piece. I wish they were 1/32.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Walmart Find

Post by cjg476 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Me too.....me too....
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:38 pm

that is whats left of Algo's (21st century) last attempt at a come back with Walmart. just before they went under they offered me some of those but I decided it wasnt worth it
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:that is whats left of Algo's (21st century) last attempt at a come back with Walmart. just before they went under they offered me some of those but I decided it wasnt worth it
Aahhhh no... You're thinking about the Algo 1/32 Fw-190 and P-51.
The Wings of Glory line is 1/48 and made by another outfit from China...
And at $9.99? Isn't that the original price they sold for?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:10 am

2 WM near me have restocked all 3 models after the price was reduced to $7.97. On store still has the shelf price as $9.99 but they scan at the lower price

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 am

hworth18 wrote:
AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:that is whats left of Algo's (21st century) last attempt at a come back with Walmart. just before they went under they offered me some of those but I decided it wasnt worth it
Aahhhh no... You're thinking about the Algo 1/32 Fw-190 and P-51.
The Wings of Glory line is 1/48 and made by another outfit from China...
And at $9.99? Isn't that the original price they sold for?
he may have been distributing these but 21c/algo contacted me with pictures of these 1/48 wings of glory planes released to walmart. they wanted me to buy the balance of their stock. I decided it wasn't worth it and then 2 weeks later they were gone
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 am

I'm glad you didn't take them, AG. You'd have been stuck with them and they'd have never sold well, becoming a loss to you.

I only ever saw the 1:48 BF-109s at one Wal Mart not in my area. I picked up a couple and opened one. I was very disappointed. $5 would have been the better price. Parts that were on the original 21c tooling (pitot tubes, antennas, landing gear doors, etc) were not included with the AllGo plane. The paint on the two I got is OK, but I went through about 16 to find the best of the bunch.

I could also tell that they had likely been there a while, hence my claim they would sell poorly. Britt (our moderator) had spotted the same AllGo Bf-109s at that same Wal Mart (Gilroy, CA) some months before I stopped there. That store is about 150 miles from where I live in the central part of California and well over 300 miles from where I guess Britt lives in the Southern Ca area. I never saw anything south of that particular store.

Also, the AllGo 1:32 rehashes were a waste... schemes that had already been done in re-used 21c boxes, no pilots, QC issues, and twice the original cost. Very well worth the $10 we paid at Tuesday Morning; not the $40+ the small retailers were forced to charge.

Due to all the above, I'm not surprised (and I'm rather glad) that AllGo failed.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:00 am

tmanthegreat wrote:
Due to all the above, I'm not surprised (and I'm rather glad) that AllGo failed.
For the reasons you listed, I also got a great chuckle yesterday when I saw them stacked
up on the clearance aisle at Wally world. . My thought was "How bad is your product and
marketing when you can't even clear them off the shelves for $4.00 ?"
FLY NAVY

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Maybe we'll see them at Tuesday Morning stores for $2.00... They'll be worth every penny then :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm

picked up a red tail at our local Wal-Mart for $5.00 last weekend.