New Line Of 1:43rd Scale Tanks and AFVs

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

New Line Of 1:43rd Scale Tanks and AFVs

Post by Epap » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:14 pm

It seems that a company called Eaglemoss handled the manufacturing role for either Altaya or Atlas Editions who launched a series of 1:43rd scale diecast armored cars, army trucks, half tracks, etc a year or two ago in Europe. Now a new line, including a mix of these models as well as tanks of WW2 is appearing on eBay and on certain online vendor's sites in Europe. The line is apparently operating under the Eaglemoss brand name in certain countries and Altaya in others. Its models can be found at stores like Jumblies ( search under Altaya/ scale 1:43 ). I assume these products will become more readily available.

I have bought eight of these models so far and seen pictures of some others. Although they seem to have mucked up the German Puma armored car---main gun barrel too thin----the others all seem to be rather well detailed and accurate. The main problem is in their painting and markings. Typically, the paint is too dark, while some of the models have errors in their schemes. That said, this is a line that those who are interested in larger than 1:72nd scale armor models should look into. Here's a picture showing all eight of my Eaglemoss models. The Pz. Mk III, wears a new scheme Which I substituted for the original, while the German halftrack, Italian M 14/41, Humber AC and Souma S-35 had to have all or some of their colors lightened, plus other minor refinements. Here's the picture:Image

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: New Line Of 1:43rd Scale Tanks and AFVs

Post by aferguson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Those are pretty cool Epap. Are they really 1/43? Not 1/48 being called 1/43?

I know a lot of old solido 1/50 tanks gets marketed as 1/43, to be compatible with 1/43 cars.

Do the wheels turn? Turrets turn? Tracks roll?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:34 pm

I measured several, AF, and they are 1:43rd. The turrets and the wheels turn but the tracks are fixed. As I mentioned, the colors are extremely dark on some of the models---you can see this on the Crusader. And there are the usual shortcuts, like forgetting to outline the camouflage colors in black on the Somua S-35. On the other hand, the markings, including stenciling, are generally OK and the detail is quite nice for a mass produced product. Stay away from the Puma, but this is the only no no, so far.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 pm

what's wrong with the Puma Epap? I checked them out online and they look fine. The Puma had a 50mm gun, not 75mm, if that's what you are thinking.

I see there is also a Stuka Zu Fuss and a bunch of 1/43 russian armored vehicles too. Interesting stuff. Thanks for the heads up, as always. :)

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I don't have the Puma, but there's a French guy, Jean-Francois Quillien, whose been reviewing the models, one by one. He stated that the Puma's gun was too thin and when I checked some pictures, it seemed that he might be right. You mentioned some Soviet types. So far, I haven't found a proper list of what's coming next from this series. Can you tell me where you saw the Soviet tanks or give me a link?

Below are pictures of the Eaglemoss Puma and a real one. Here's the diecast version:Image

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 pm

And a real Puma:Image

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 pm

As I dig deeper, I'm finding references to this line as a "test", which seems a little strange since the models are showing up at places like Jumblies and some of the Polish eBay sellers.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:49 pm

it may be a 'test' for one of the distributors, like eaglemoss, but from the little bit of digging i've done it seems this line has been around a while....so long in fact that there are some retired models.

I saw the russian armor when i was checking out russian aircraft from a deagostini line released in the former soviet block. There were no tanks but there were small armored cars, trucks and a katyusha.

Also, it seems that some russian companies made 1/43 russian armor but after looking again the quality is not great and the colours off. Search ebay for 1/43 panzer and 1/43 su 100 and you'll see some.

Also, Shuco, Verem and it seems Solido make or made a bit of 1/43 armor.

Edit: i see what you mean about the Puma now. At a glance it looked fine. To be honest i still don't think it would bother me very much, the model looks fine and is probably as good as any of the others.

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 am

There are quite a few 1:43rd scale Soviet models out there, many made in Russia and only recently coming to eBay---these are mostly trucks, jeeps, police vans, APCs, etc. Older lines include the T-34 and SU-100. I have lots of these. The current Soviet armor line by GE Fabbri, is mostly 1:72nd scale, though a BA-64 armored car was included. Finally, there is a new line of rather delicate T-90s and some other stuff coming out of China. I have tons of the Fabbris and some of the T-90s. Over-all they are fair to OK, with the main problem being the painting rather than the molds. I also have many of the Solido-Verem models plus a number of Gaso.line Soviet tanks, armored cars self-propelled guns, etc. Maybe I should take some pictures and post them.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:08 am

maybe you should... :)

i have noticed that the older solido stuff is 1/50 but a lot of time is being sold as 1/43. However i gather the newer soldio stuff is actually 1/43?

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 am

they look pretty good
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 pm

i check in on this line from time to time to see what's going on. It looks like there have been a few new additions in the past months. I saw a 38T, panzer ii, M3 Lee and RSO with Pak 40 (though i'm not 100% sure this was really 1/43) plus a few others that i hadn't seen before.

I'm tempted by these but i have been waiting to see if this scale will catch on for armored vehicles. Seems to be sputtering along at least. Still no Panthers, Tigers, Stugs or even a Sherman.

Does anyone know of a full list of what AFVs have been made in 1/43?

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 pm

FYI we have been selling the heck out of these. the details are pretty good better on some but over all well done. to date we have gone thru over 300 pieces and getting great feedback from our customers.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:07 pm

do you know if any brand new models are still being made and if so what they are? So far some big ommissions.....aside from panther, tiger, stug, no russian armor and no post wwii armor.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:53 pm

We have been told that there are new pieces in the works but no exact pieces have been announced
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:50 pm

The line of 1/43 tanks continues to grow. M3 Lee, 38t, opel blitz with flakvierling, new armored cars, Jagdtiger, Elefant...

Very tempting but i find collecting 1/72 aircraft to be pretty much a full time job. I don't know how you multi scale collecting guys do it.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Just announced for june 9 new releases here are a few

"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am

They just announced another 9 models no pictures yet but will post when I get them
Pzkpfw 38t
dodge wc54
hanomag
Studebaker 6x6 truck
M20
Horch staff car
Kubelwagen
M3 with 75mm gun
Schwimmwagen
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"