Is World of Tanks driving new 1/72 releases?

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Is World of Tanks driving new 1/72 releases?

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm

The question is the popularity of world of Tanks driving some aspect of the industries new interest in WWII prototype molds?
Dragon has recently released two new molds VK 45.02(P)V and H prototypes. Which both are selling very well. Panzerstahl has released a Lowe which has sold ok despite its 100 dollar price tag.
What will we see next?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Is World of Tanks driving new 1/72 releases?

Post by Mad Sam » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:28 am

I think they must be having an affect, the curator at the RAC Tank Museum told us when I was at at a lecture there in March, that as the game has become more popular, they have seen a big increase in the numbers of younger visitors and that tanks are now 'cool' and game players want to look at the actual vehicles they can see in the game.
this could also extend into the models of the tanks too, with players wanting to own a model of 'their' tank/tanks.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

My youngest son has 4 or so WWII tank books. He spends hours studying all the details on every tank.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Been away for awhile...working and focusing on other hobbies...now my eldest son is 9 years old and is fascinated with tanks. Much of this has to do with the popularity of games like World of Tanks. We're in the Xbox 360 Beta test group which started this week. The game is quite fun! I have a feeling it's going to bring a BUNCH of new fans into the hobby.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill