DeAgostini Launching WW2 German Warbird Series

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: DeAgostini Launching WW2 German Warbird Series

Post by Epap » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 am

Yes, AF, I've seen pictures of that scheme posted by several online sellers. The "new scheme" is a lot better than on the one I bought, which was labelled an "Atlas" model by the seller. There is another scheme, which popped up at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, in this case featuring an all-yellow tail, but this has not been seen since. In any event, I'd recommend ordering the model----providing you are willing to deal with the droopy spinners and make other needed changes. I'll probably buy a few more for repaints, myself.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:28 pm

the Me-210 is out. The colours are dark, like in the pre-pro pic but i kinda like how it looks. With a bit of repainting, it could look even better. Price is set at $20, so don't BIN......the link is just for show. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-DIECA ... 168wt_1153

btw the model is of an me-410, not a 210.......not sure why they would even choose to call it that obscure plane. Here is a profile of the plane the model represents. Not sure how accurate the artwork is (i suspect not very) but Deag copied it pretty well, except their model is of a 410)

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/232/pics/2_17.jpg
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Epap
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Epap » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:18 am

This appears to be another of those old IXO ME-210 renditions that showed up a while ago on eBay. It's got that same very dark over-all gray, wrong upper wing crosses, no frontal cannons or machine guns, etc. that were on my model----before I redid it. Here's a picture of my ME-210 from last year as I received it:Image

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:45 am

ooh.....so i guess this guy was just sitting on some old ones then. The new release was due out in July, so i figured that was it.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:13 pm

looks like that ebay link i posted a couple of days ago is indeed the new release of the deagostini 210. Here it is in stock at the Mule.

The UK seller has sold a few of them at $90 a pop. I wonder if he accepts returns cause i think he'll be getting a bunch of 'em back.

http://www.flyingmule.com/products/DA-DEAG0004

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 pm

I just received one of the new M 210/410. Not to bad. The camo scheme is overall dark gray with dark green splinters which are hard to see. From what I have found in research is that the fuselage and upper wing crosses are wrong. They should be the just white outline. Also the instructions show putting on the landing gear wrong with the wheels outboard of the strut. The wheel should be inboard of the strut. Easy to correct although you will need to switch the strut covers. The struts fit into the engine nacelle very loosely, a dab of glue is need to keep them in. Also while putting the wheels on the top of the engine nacelles came off, again a little glue to fix. Overall I am satisfied.

Ray

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:38 am

i think the wing/fuselage crosses are ok for many paint schemes, including the one selected by Deagostini (which is for a 210).

Here's a model of a 410 with a very similar scheme to Deag's.

http://hyperscale.com/2009/features/me410dwa_1.htm

the biggest problem is the undersides should be a light blue grey and the sides should have this blue grey mottled into the dark green/grey. So only a half repaint is needed to make this model look a lot better. A full repaint would be ideal but not essential.

Regardless, the lines of the model look quite accurate. Some sort of under fuselage armament would be good to custom up and add as virtually all 410's had some combination of guns under the fuselage.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:07 am

Here is a link to some photos of a crashed Me210/410 with the same markings that Deagostini used. This is why I made my comment on the crosses.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircra ... 006-4.html

I have to agree on the light blue-gray undersides which I neglected to mention.

Ray

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:31 am

Despite it's faults it looks ok and easily modifiable like said if you wanted.

For the price the only way to get one in die cast so probably one of the few lower end models I'll get.

Wonder if we'll see any of the old ones dumping on ebay? There seems to be a few He-219 Owls up for sale now that the Warmaster one is available.

I can wait a little while though... saving some money for the HM desert BF-110 soon to be released, though it's a little late. Maybe pad an order with one of these to get it up to a free shipping amount. :wink:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:32 am

interesting pics.........the poster of the photos has mis-labeled the plane as an Me-410. It's a 210, you can tell by the shorter rear fuselage and relatively larger vertical tail. I can't tell anything about the upper wing crosses, so maybe i'm missing seeing some pics but i believe the fuselage crosses are solid....not just white outlines.

If you look at the side view shot, the center of the rear portion of the cross is noticably darker than the paint on the fuselage in that area, so i don't think the cross is just a white outline. The colour side view i posted above supports my feeling.

I hope this 210/410 does well as it may encourage Deagostini to release the Mistel they showed in the German planes subscription series that was a no-go last year.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Upper wing balkenruze on the 210 and 410 were the older "black/white style. I have yet to see a pic of one with the newer "thin" white (ONLY) crosses. I built a 1/48 410 and used the black/white crosses on all surfaces.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark