Trip to the city...

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Trip to the city...

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Well I took a trip to okc to go to hobby lobby and this is all the diecast they had...
http://db.tt/uA60ZydI
This was also there, can anyone tell me if it's worth buying?
http://db.tt/vRUmIBKj
Well I didn't see anything there I wanted so I thought just for the hell of it id go by Walmart and there was a few of these there
http://db.tt/kZC9Agb8
Then I saw this!
http://db.tt/id3TWY0M
http://db.tt/5YPp6Zzc
There were six of these so I HAD to get on.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Trip to the city...

Post by cjg476 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm

If your going to buy anything from hobby lobby print off a 40% off coupon it will save you money. the 109 looks cool I still have that one and the P-51 at mine but havent bought them yet.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Treadhead
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Treadhead » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Nice, I'll have to run by MY local Wallyworlds and see if they're
carrying them 8)

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:55 pm

cjg476 wrote:If your going to buy anything from hobby lobby print off a 40% off coupon it will save you money. the 109 looks cool I still have that one and the P-51 at mine but havent bought them yet.
No printer it died on me... :cry: I've thought of that before and jw if anyone knows if they made a F-104? There's a picture on the back of the box never heard of one being made though...
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm

What Corey said about the coupon, it's definitely worth while.

Those MRC Easy Model planes are plastic, but I have a few. There's some of gap fillers not offered by other makers like the Mig 3, and a lot more reasonable than most 1:72 diecast. Who can tell the difference on a shelf anyways?
Here's what MRC has made, a lot of planes:
http://www.modelrectifier.com/all-brands/easy-model.asp

The Tuskegee Redtail Mustang and Thunderbolt could be worth having. They're cheap enough.

My local Walmarts still don't have those 1:48 planes yet. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Dauntless wrote:What Corey said about the coupon, it's definitely worth while.

Those MRC Easy Model planes are plastic, but I have a few. There's some of gap fillers not offered by other makers like the Mig 3, and a lot more reasonable than most 1:72 diecast. Who can tell the difference on a shelf anyways?

The Tuskegee Redtail Mustang and Thunderbolt could be worth having. They're cheap enough.

Yeah I've got the MRC Corsair '29' hellcat '19' I think and a Russian Mi-8

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Dauntless wrote:What Corey said about the coupon, it's definitely worth while.

Yeah I've got the MRC Corsair '29' hellcat '19' I think and a Russian Mi-8 just wasn't really interested in them today I was looking for postage stamp MP planes but they didn't have any closest thing was one of those rare newray metal 1/150 planes but it was one of them Italian planes not to interested in that either I'm real picky with my model collecting... :twisted:

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:53 pm

I bought a few of those Postage Stamp planes from Hobby Lobby before they quit selling them.
Some WWII fighters. Corsair, Mustang, Typhoon, FW-190, and Wildcat. The box says 1:100 scale series, but the website says 1:87 or something like that. :?
They were very inexpensive back then, but he scales were all over the place. Still wouldn't mind a few of the obscure Japanese planes they made. You can still get them online, but not as cheap.

I look at them now compared to a Hobby Master, Skymax, or Corgi and diecast has come a long way,

Some of the MRC plastic models may not be the best examples, but some are actually quite good in the details, as good as some more expensive diecast, and they're consistent in 1:72 scale.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:02 am

MRC makes a good product, I have quite a few. I just opened my UH-34D Choctaw "Evil Eyes" and it is a beautiful helo, even the blades droop as they should. As for hobby lobby, they always have the same exact MRC planes no matter when I check. They never seem to get any new stuff in which sucks because that 40% coupon rocks. especially if you have multiples and bring some friends. :wink:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 am

And back to the 109 allgo put in the same features as 21st did but this 109 has retractable slats, does the 21st version have that feature aswell?

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 am

The 1/48 Redtail P-51 and 109 are both nice little planes. Some WM here have P-51 and some have the 109, but I have not seen both at the same location. These are the only 2 released by BH Toys so far (not allgo)
Last edited by jlspec on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 am

the P-51 and the ME 109 overlaped in our WM for about a month. thought they came out seperately. Last time I was in the store, there were just a couple of 109's left.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Last weekend the Me109 and P51 were already on the clearence isle here. Not sure of the price. Probably gone by now.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 am

I found 7 of the BH toys tulip nosed 109s today at the east west connector walmart- I picked one up- same old 21st plane with new scheme and different company name on box...... right?

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:50 am

mikeg wrote:I found 7 of the BH toys tulip nosed 109s today at the east west connector walmart- I picked one up- same old 21st plane with new scheme and different company name on box...... right?
Basicly there's at least one new feature with is the movable slats but basicly the same thing