FOV Stummel!!!

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

FOV Stummel!!!

Post by Heer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Last edited by Heer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: FOV Stummel!!!

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Not trying to be a snot or anything, but out-of-focus pictures really don't make it, man. All small detail is lost.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:24 pm

I have the later "winterized" version, but awesome to see that earlier version came with a "proper" crew of a gunner and loader. Nice.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Mine came with the dude cleaning the barrel.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 pm

I like this particular release and is one of my favorites!! Weathering is top notch!! :D
"...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day." -Erwin Rommel

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Very nice! 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 am

I wish you would have included separate photos of the figures.
What exactly are they wearing? SS camo. smocks or camo. tunics?

Plastic General

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:58 am

plasticgeneral wrote:I wish you would have included separate photos of the figures.
What exactly are they wearing? SS camo. smocks or camo. tunics?

Plastic General
Both figues are in normal uniform. Same as the WH soldiers in normandy. Although this stummel was an ss vehicle the figures supplied by FOV show that they aren't that different from WH soldiers.

Nice vehicle IMHO, shame I have to part with it. :( :( :(

conteaddict
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conteaddict » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Just a note although the common belief may be that all Waffen ss troops were equipped with some form of camo uniform be it smocks or dot 44 that belief is false. The Waffen ss at any point in the war never had enough camouflage unifroms to equip all of its personel (allthough they tried). This being said artillery and spg/armoured vehicle crews were last on the list to recieve camouflage uniforms. In terms of the stamdard uniform you could see a range of colors from all those used in the wheremacht (sp? I allwayse spell it wrong) to mouse grey (mouse grey to my knowledge was more common in the ss especially as the war progressed). Anywho also I dont know if it was allready mentioned but the vehicle posted represents kanonewagen from the Dasreich division's reconnisance unit in normandy. Its a great vehicle im glad i picked up a few over the years.
KANE LIVES
Good Traders: Cabe, Bandit

plasticgeneral
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by plasticgeneral » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 pm

I am sure, that we are all aware that the SS used regular uniforms.
BUT wouldn't it have been 10 times better, if they used the same amount of energy to put the figures in camo smocks? In the end, it would be a much nicer product.
Just another small example how even when FOV. gets it right, they STILL drop the ball. It's a bummer, but I will buy this one.

Plastic General

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:29 am

The Stummel that I receive a few years ago came with a crew figure with SS camo; the loading figure is wearing a SS type camo helmet, similar to the FOV figures that came with the Normandy 251 halftrack. I do not see this in @Heer's photos, interestingly.

Heer
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Heer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 am

Here is a pic.

The crew is in normal WH uniform. No ss camo. IMHO I think that conteaddict is correct. I feel that only the actual combat troops recieved priority for camo smocks. Others were not high on the priority list, such as this crew. So I feel that FOV did do somewhat of a research on their vehicles. But that was back in 2004. :shock: :shock:

Karl Dak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Karl Dak » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

I like the camo pattern. I own the solid tan hanomag which I like for my Afrikakorps. I think I have some of the same accessories but not the barrels or the beach/tank obstacle.

Note: the figs pictured in the hanomag are not those which come with the vehicle.

It comes with four figs in camo print: