[+] Krupp Protze & * Jeep w/ Trailer *

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

[+] Krupp Protze & * Jeep w/ Trailer *

Post by MG-42 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:42 pm

* The Review :

.............. well the Kfz. 70 Personnel Carrier is plastic for one thing. Unless I am sadly mistaken , I couldn't find any die-cast on it anywhere. The front set of wheels do not turn , which is a bummer. There's a small little gate that opens > out in the rear. The under carriage is quite detailed though. The spare tires on either side can be used w/ them in place or removed or visa versa. There is a driver & two sitting riders. One holding a K98 in his lap & the other w/ an MG-34.

* Summery : ... for what it's worth , it's still a nifty piece.

.............. wish the same thing could be said for the GP w/ Trailer. It's all plastic except for the under carriage , which is die-cast & detailed too + the front set of wheels don't turn either. This thing is fragile , so be extra cautious when assembling it . I had to glue the rear spare on. Be EXTRA CAUTIOUS when putting the generic driver in , cause you don't have the option of installing the steering wheel afterwards like the older FoV jeeps. This one is already installed permanently so you could easily break it off just trying to fit the guy in there. Fortunately , this did not happen to me. The canopy is another thing. They did a nice job on it & mine fits Ok , but like I said , the whole thing is fragile. w/ two tiny holes drilled on the older ones , this canopy will work w/ these too as the older ones are solid die-cast.

* Summery : ... tis my opinion but I don't think it's worth the penny as its only highlight is the canopy & trailer w/ flip down support leg. Damn thing is just too fragile fer me.

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Re: [+] Krupp Protze & * Jeep w/ Trailer *

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Mitch, thanks for the review! I had been wanting to get both, but may just go for the Kfz 70 now as its a new and unique vehicle. Too bad its not diecast, though.

Interesting observation that the GP is plastic. I have a couple of the S1 82nd AB versions (an action grade and enthusiast grade) and they had a bit of diecast in the upper body and the front wheels turned. I figured they would use the same vehicle, just with the canopy and trailer. Too bad. Guess I'll save my money on that one for the time being.

I do have the 1:72 Stug III and the 1:48 Huey on order and they should arrive today. Rather excited about the Huey. I missed it the first time around, but do like most of FOV's 1:48 helicopters, save the S1 Apache (the S2 Longobow is great, but not the inaccurate S1 version!)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ketelone

Post by ketelone » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Ordered mine. Should be arriving any day now. Can't wait.
Ketelone

"Freedom is not free."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:41 pm

MG-42 wrote:The front set of wheels do not turn , which is a bummer.

- MG

By this do you mean they don't spin on axis or don't turn with the steering wheel?

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DomiUK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 pm

For me I looked at the Jeep last night but my problem was the price £49.99 ($78).

The original Jeeps you can still get here for around £20.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:By this do you mean they don't spin on axis or don't turn with the steering wheel?
Correct me if I'm wrong about the new GP vehicle, MG, but on the original FOV Jeep, you can turn the two front wheels as though they were being steered by the driver. The steering wheel itself doesn't move. From MG's description of the new vehicle, this feature does not work (and the vehicle is made of plastic).
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."