Altaya 1:72 diecast tanks

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Altaya 1:72 diecast tanks

Post by Tshintl » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:59 pm

Having received the first (4) releases from Altaya (1:72 diecast tanks from Spain), below are some pictures of each. None of them are as nice as Dragon Armor or FOV. ALot of little things to mention about each, but probably worth bringing up for those trying to decide on whether to get them or not (Ebay is your best bet).

King Tiger
The turret is metal, the running gear is some how cut short missing at least the outer road wheels. Some problems in assemblage with parts badly aligned like the junction between the gun barrel and the external mantlet, too soft vinyl tracks.

M48A3 Patton 2
Upper hull in metal; some gaps on the model joints.

T-34/76 M42
Upper hull is metal, early (1940/41, not the all steel ones) road wheels. Z ekranami on the front hull limiting the use to the Leningrad sector, as this feature is almost absent on other areas (so the paint job and the model represented didn't match). Barrel not stepped and too thick (almost like an 85mm barrel). Too soft vinyl tracks, some gaps in the model joints and especially on the gun mantlet.

M4A3 Sherman 105mm
Upper hull in metal, very soft detail on the rear upper hull with engine grills hardly visible. M2HB MG is weak. Some gaps on the model joints like the gun barrel and turret. The rear exhausts were assembled upside down.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:08 pm

Sorry.. Pics no workie.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:25 pm

hworth18 wrote:Sorry.. Pics no workie.. :?
That's weird, I'm viewing them right now. Anyone else having this problem?

paulwong
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by paulwong » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:37 pm

I can't see the pics too. Just see pic saying - Image Hosted By Tripod.

Hoverbug
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hoverbug » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:37 pm

yup

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:45 pm

I just refreshed my browser and now mine says the same thing. Maybe there's a limite on how many times they can be viewed an hour or day. Will try in the morning again and see what happens. If they still don't work tomorrow, I'll switch the server the pictures are stored on and repost.

Eazy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Eazy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:00 am

You can view the photos by right clicking on the individual tripod banners then, going to properties then copying/pasting the address URL into your browser and pressing return.

As if by magic the pix will then reappear on the page properly.

Hope that helps a bit.

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:56 am

That's some magic. Not everybody has a right clicker you know. And Harry!! How politically incorrect....
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

DomiUK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DomiUK » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:14 pm

These while not great are certainly worth considering.

I have the sherman sitting in front of me and if it had been a 75 instead of 105 howitzer I would be over the monn with it.

as it is I am merely very happy with another Sherman in my collection to stave off the hoards of German heavy tanks everybody else produces.